Mallory Trim Motors??

RiverRat71

Hi all, I need to replace the trim motor on my 2.5XS. Apparently the brushes are sticking because when the motor malfunctions I can tap on it & it will resume working. I really hate to spend the $400+ on a Mercury unit so have been looking at the Mallory. CP Performance sells them for $190. Anyone have any experience with the Mallory unit? As always any input will be greatly appreciated. RR

RiverRat71

Just got of the phone with Bob's. They don't have a trim motor for my application & said they are not stocking them any longer. Was also told all aftermarket units are so so at best. Guess I will bite the bullet & buy oem. Thanks for the replies. RR

dubmoney

I pulled the trim motor on one of by bass mids and had the local altenator/electric motor guy repair, it with new brushes etc. it's on its third year now. Just another option.

RiverRat71

I pulled the trim motor on one of by bass mids and had the local altenator/electric motor guy repair, it with new brushes etc. it's on its third year now. Just another option.
That is likely what I will do with the one that is on it now & keep it as a backup. RR

Last edited:

THutch

I had to replace a trim motor on my previous engine. I went with Arco marine. Just any other option.
http://www.arcomarine.com/
I just pulled a perfectly good trim pump out of the boat. It was OEM from a 2000 Merc 280ss. Replaced it with the faster Bobs model. If anyone needs it, pm me. I’ll make you a good deal. Paul Nichols pulled it out so he can vouch for it.