Life vest problem

90 5.0

My current life vests that i had with my old boat ride up in the back when sitting in the buckets of my 03.

They are more ski/wakeboard style i guess than the ones i've had before.

I was looking at the allison jackets on their site, do you guys like these or prefer a different one??

Thanks!

GotMyAlly

Leg straps keep them from riding up. I like the mercury jackets with removeable leg straps. I've got 2 of those and 2 of the Allison jackets. The mercury ones fit me better, plus have the leg straps. Of couse, it doesn't have the protection of a lifeline, but it's better than nothing when just cruising.

john w

I bought 3 of these from Bass Pro, not bad, pretty comfortable and if you snug up the leg straps and tighten down the vest. It feels like it might even stay on if the chit is gonna happen !!!

jeremy hood

At what speed do you guys think a neoprene with a zipper and buckles without leg straps becomes unsafe? Don't plan on much over 65 with people in the boat and getting enough mustang vests to fit anyone who may come onboard would get pricy quick bit I already have several zipper type vests from wakeboarding. It's safety first no doubt but are these considered safe at that speed or just need to slow it down more when someone in the boat isn't properly outfitted?

ROBERT CROSS

We got the Allison jackets when we got GS#1, they are Stearns, the best thing about them.....the Allison Logo.

Got two of THESE from Bass Pro for GS#2. They are more comfortable but do ride up a bit, if we spent more time above 60mph I'd go for the straps.

jeremy hood

So you think 60 is about the cutoff? I know I've hit with these north if 50 and they were fine....rung my bell but the vest held up good.

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

I've also hit the pond at 50 plus while sking, young and foolish.
I'm not about to test the Mustang but I'm pretty sure it will hold up better,(Stearns, buckle torn, zipper failure.)

flying07

The mustang ones on me ride up some (i have two for passengers), so I went with a lifeline with leg straps, may look a little dorky, but i'd rather be dorky and alive then dead and pretty. . . haha. . . .

90 5.0

I just saw this and thought " I don't remember making this thread!!" Then I saw it was from 2011 hahahah

fnshrmaster

I have a lifeline Sport 160 and a Comp 170. Pricey but money well spent. You may get in the boat with cruising intentions, but end up at speeds that can get dangerous easily.