Letter from Nancy Allison

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
To all of you who helped with the 2005 50th Anniversary and Exposition, THANK YOU for your time, talents, and energies!

Here is a copy of an email I received from Nancy:

June 19, 2005

To: Allison Owners Association

Lou Jones, President

Kevin McAllister, Vice President

Chris McClanahan, Rally Co-ordinator

Allison Rally/Expo Committee

All Allison owners

Darris and I and Paul and Lucille once again want to thank all of you for making our 50th anniversary a day to remember. We were blessed with beautiful weather all throughout the rally/expo week and especially on Saturday.

From beginning to end, we enjoyed all the events of the day. The parade was fun and made an exciting opening to the expo as the 70+ boats entered the Louisville Park. The vintage boats as well as the former race drivers and owners who attended brought back many memories to Paul and Lucille.

We were overwhelmed with congratulations from friends and owners throughout the day about all the accomplishments over the 50 years. We received just as many compliments about the expo/rally itself. We were very proud of the Allison owners whose thought and planning and volunteer efforts made the rally/expo run smoothly throughout the day. All the vendors I spoke with were very pleased with the attendance and the professional way the whole event was carried out. Several of them thanked me for inviting them! I was glad to hear that. One of my greatest concerns was that the attending vendors would be pleased with their decision to be a part of our event.

The many people who sought autographs on T-shirts and hats especially humbled Paul and Darris. The two awards from the Allison owners is something we will treasure for years to come. At that moment we were really at a loss for words.

These two men have great creative talents, but they are not comfortable making speeches or being singled out in front of a crowd. One on one telling stories or talking boat performance makes them more at ease. You can be assured that all four of us are very appreciative of the work and efforts that you all contributed to the event.

If we did not get a chance to tell you in person, we want to say to you now how much we appreciate your making the 50th anniversary of Allison Boats a great celebration!

Thank you,

Nancy Allison

J

John Richied

Wow! You guys did an AWESOME job of showing the Allison’s how proud we all are to be Allison Boat Owners.

The truth is, as Allison Owners we feel that proud every time we hit the water!

Thanks for sharing that with us Lou!