Kawasaki Mule, deep water?

RedAllison

Spent the afternoon onda farm yesterday with my boys ridin 4wheelers while Neal and I enjoyed the A/C in his Jeep. :beer:

The river is back in it's banks and should continually go down as we enter the dry season in another month or so. My question is does anyone know how deep of water you can safely run a Kawasaki 4010 Trans4x4 Mule thru? (4 seater, gas, 4x4) Been considering one for the farm but wonder if they can go through the occasional sippy hole like in this pic? That's my 15 year old on a 400 Honda 4x4.

I don't care for the Polaris' etc... I like the Mule because it's something I'd also let the kids drive around the neighborhood in and with a slow top speed of 25mph, seatbelts and the full roll cage I feel they are safer than a golfcart and won't haul azz like the Yammie and Polaris side-by-side atvs.

Thanks,
RA

Attachments

bullwhipjkg

red you can ad small snorkles to the air and belt intakes and you should be fine if it became a issue

h2oskiier30

Mules are one of the lower sitting UTV's around. We have one at work, and it is the coldest natured dang 4 stroke I've ever seen.

wc911

Been hunting duck hunting in Ark for over 5 years on a Honda Forman 450 in flooded rice and bean fields. Looked like that pic more than i care to rember!!! Never had a problem with the Honda other that it freezing up while we were in the pit . Stay with the Honda!!!!!!

RedAllison

wc I AINT gettin rid of the Honda, that 400 is my FILs. If you could see the pic a little larger my 10 year old and his bud were in front of my 15 year old and they were on my '98 300 4x4 Honda. I've always said the 300 Honda wasn't the biggest, fastest nor most powerful 4 wheeler ever built but it damned sure was THE TOUGHEST!!! You can't kill em short of dynamite and a sledgehammer. I'll probably end up with a couple more 4 wheelers for the kids as I can find the right ones up for sale here and there, mainly lookin for 300 Honda's or maybe the right Yammie if a deal came along by some grandpaw who only rode his around the farm or in his garden.

But I'm wantin a 4x4 4 seater UTV for showing folks around the property, working and hunting. I have a jacked up, camo electric cart for deer hunting. But the 4010 Mule is a better alternative than a big 4x4 jeep or truck (they rut up the roads to bad) so that's kinda why I'm thinkin about one of these but they've gotta be able to go thru 2-3ft of water on occasion.

Thanx guys, :beer:
RA

strip

A man knows what he wants, but I will say of all the UTV's I have been around, a mule would be my last choice. I have driven the kubota which is slow and heavy, but compared to the mule is a cadilac. The new Honda is a long the same lines as the Kubota as far as performance. The mules to me, are hard to keep running, ride like a log wagon, and are generaly gutless and non efficient. I think you would be better off buying an old Samuri for farm tours. Just my opinion though, and my expieriance with any of these is limited.

GotMyAlly

Other options:
Find ya an old Pinzgauer. Had a friend that had one for a while. They are a lot lighter than they look! You could take a dozen folks or more on a farm tour in one of those!

Or:
Pick up an ol' toyota pickup cheap. I'll pull it in my buddies shop and go to work with the sawzall to see if we can get it about as light as a mule. We'll bolt a couple rows of seats from Pull-A-Part in the bed when we're done cutting. Only real expense would be a set of tires. Put the widest tires you can find on it and it won't dig as deep. And some low gears. You can get transfer case gear kits in the 6:1 range for yota cases. Even a little 4 banger will crawl with gears that low, and that's easier and cheaper than regearing the axles.