Just purchased XB2003

SlowHayden

The kit from Allison comes with 45° fittings which work to the same effect, but I do like that they angle them upwards just a little for when I trim up for trailering, shallow water etc.

BigRWater

best trolling motor?
12V or 24V - to much weight!
Where I fish, it would be rare that would would do top speed run in my Allison XB-2003 for more than 5 minutes. Usually we run, 30 to 40 mph for less than 15 minutes and then fish all day. If you really fish (for anything other than smallmouth), my recommendation is that you get the trolling motor that does exactly what you need it to do... I have a 36 volt MinnKota Terrova 72" shaft & a MinnKota Ulterra Mega SI & DI 60" shaft, set up to quickly interchange. For top speed benchmark or racing for Pink Slips (which I am still yet to do), I'll just Quickly pop it off.

BigRWater

My boat has a brand new Sea star hydraulic steering and 200SHO Yamaha.
The hydraulic hoses are routed through the original cable steering holes.
Does anyone have a suggestion on the best way to install the sea star hoses on an XB 2003?
I have the Allison SeaStar hydraulic steering. It has the 90 degree connectors at the motor & it works perfectly.

BigRWater

Do the hoses run through the original holes?
Why do you need such long shafts on you trolling motors?
Yes. The hoses run through the original holes.
"Such long shafts", We fish in the wind & current. Sometimes 60 inch ain't enough. You also need good bilge pumps here.