Insurance Help !!!!

Morespeed4me

Well guys
I need some help finding insurance, yes I had 2 claims back in 2003, one was a lower unit and the other was a injury accident , BAT TURN injuried fishing partner and myself. My insurance I had at the time cancelled me at the beginning of this year 2005 because of the claims in 2003 NationWide. I got insurance thru Allstate 05-10-05 received a letter in the mail saying that they do not insure boats that run faster then 65 MPH, so I have until 6-10-05 to find coverage, if not looks like I will miss the RALLY, which I do not want to do and might even have to sell the boat. OH NO!! Statefarm would not insure it because of claims on boat and a big hail damage claim on house. I tried Ski Safe and as soon as I told them it was an Allison they told me they DO NOT insure Allison boats.
2000 XB 2003 T
1999 225 PM
Any ideas?
Thanks

GotMyAlly

I have mine with progressive. I was going to change to NationWide when my progressive comes up for renewal, but nationwide wanted $800/year. I'll stick with progressive for now before I papy that. Rediculous.

froggy

Insurance

MoreSpeed,

Try Progressive, but when you talk to them and they ask about speed, don't get too cute and go too high---keep your answer in the low 80's (they insure boats that go up to 90, but adjust down for lots of other stuff).

froggy

Morespeed4me

Thanks for the replies

I did fill out a quote sheet for Progressive and haven't heard back from them. Is there anybody else here that has had problems getting insurance? Also are you all honest when asked about your boat speed and horse power? I hope to find insurance. I really don't want to sell the boat but I am sure the wife wouldn't mind seeing it go!!
Thanks

JR

Ski Safe

I have my boat insured through Ski Safe as an "Allison xs2003 Ski Racer". My premium is $505 per year for a "replacement value policy".
I have never filed a claim though.
JR

fishnfireman

I have all my stuff thru state farm. and have been there long enough they won't cancel the auto.(my teenage son tested that).
but i have made two claims with the boat.
in my opinion the agent has a LOT to do with what they will and won't cover.