If you were planning to RE-POWER...

ROBERT CROSS

We've only seen it wet in TN. Spring is a bit late this year.
The three aboard TE#'s are classified. 28p @ 6700 1?% slip.
Suffice to say I'm more than a little giddy>>>>>now I can pay more attention too QUICK!
Get the Stainless Marine trim gauge bought & installed is next.

Last edited:

Kmack

We've only seen it wet in TN. Spring is a bit late this year.
The three aboard TE#'s are classified. 28p @ 6700 1@%s.
Suffice to say I'm more than a little giddy>>>>>now I can pay more attention too QUICK!
Get the Stainless Marine trim gauge bought & installed is next.
3 aboard 1@#s with a 200 would make me giddy too...LOL

ROBERT CROSS

Well we've got more seat time. We/I LOVE the new combo.
The 'little' 200 is a hoot.
Mid range is great, hole shot is very good with the 26 Q4 OT but we lost the 24 Q4 round ear in the fire so a direct comparison will have to wait 'til we get a replacement. No smoke, quieter at cruise & idle, and we saw 8mpg @ 3k cruise on the monitor.
PLUS, it just looks better with the 15" mid.
Trim is way more sensitive, (the Stainless gauge is on the priority list for sure.) Don't know if it's just me but all things piloting seem to be a lot more responsive.

Hear ye, hear ye.....
Key Puckett @ 'Fish'n World Performance Boats did right by us in regard to not getting the boat we bought, mistakes happen but all good now.
Even the neighbors think it looks slicker than GS#1.

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

On the way......the replacement for our "Quick" wheel.

Talked to Thom yesterday, his recommendation will be arriving next week.......14 1/2” 25p R QIV X OT Round Ear.:)

One more item off the 'ta-do list.

WOOP-WOOP!!!

Last edited:

aeneas

Robert, looks great! But you are keeping s in suspense! How does she run?

ROBERT CROSS

Nils,

I'm still re-booting the cerebellum, it's quite a bit different than GS#1 with the 225X PM. Much more responsive, trim seems a lot quicker, and the 15" mid has lowered the CG. The weather is not cooperating much though, which is making seat time harder. Only three times out since launching in May. Temp wise it's been fine, but a lot of rain & wind.

BUT.... mid-range with the 26p Q4 OT is amazing I've seen 7-8mpg on the monitor at cruise, (2800-3000 rpm @ 30-38mph).
Haven't had the 28p Q4 on yet, but really, top-end isn't a priority for us, (the on-board trip computer sitting next to me see's too that),
The new 25p Q4 Round Ear hasn't even been wet yet, can't wait to see what the hole shot is like.
I'd rather be quick than fast......:LMAO:

FWIW.....Glenn saw 88.7 with a 'worked 28 Thophy+' when he water tested after rigging.

Bob

aeneas

That's great news! To bad about the weather but there is plenty of summer to go so...
Have you ever tried a Mazco RE3?

ROBERT CROSS

Nope.....the GS#1 came with a 30 Pro ET....got it wet once....scared the crap out of me. :eek:

Have stuck with the Q4's ever since.

Last edited:

aeneas

I started with a ET Lightning and that was one difficult prop to master (every boat we have tested it on has had a propride). The Mazco RE3 on the other hand is gentle, easy and FAST! I can recommend a try!

ROBERT CROSS

:confused:fullsizeoutput_161b.jpeg Why did she get mad when I told her she had to sit on the starboard side......all I said was....."honey, I can't see the motor"