How to: Go Pro Camera setups for action video?

BigRWater

Do any of you have a go pro or other camera somehow attached to your Allison for shooting video as the action unfolds. I bought a suction cup, I don't trust it. I also can't put it anywhere, so that I can get much of the boat in the video. Water can get rough here so I am looking for something secure, while I do not want to drill new holes in my beautiful old boat.
Thanks in advance!

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve used the suction cup and never had a problem. I don’t completely trust it either so I always tie it off somewhere with a string.

ROBERT CROSS

Usually mount it on the deck and safety tie it to the rearview mirror, I have a roll bar mount I use on the ski-pole also.15470

ROBERT CROSS

I Usually mount it on the deck and safety tie it to the rearview mirror, I have a roll bar mount I use on the ski-pole also.15471

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
FYI: Beware the Go-Pro "floaty" flotation device that Go-Pro sells, it will NOT float the camera when its inside the waterproof case and the suction cup. Floats like a brick. Nowadays, we use the suction cup but with a thin parachute cord as a failsafe. Trust but verify.