How about an XTB-21 Thread?

Darth VMAX

I really like that john w.....ya ahead of its time

Speaking of the owners page, I inquired on updating that page with us new owners but have not heard anything...anyone know??

Just checked out the XTB's on the owners page..forgot they were there. Did some have larger front decks than others?? Lots of room in those boats. Very functional looking.
I am not sure if the front decks were any bigger or not. Thats why I started this thread in hopes someone could say. I DO know one style had just one front storage and the other style had the live-well AND a storage locker. The ones with two up front seemed to also had the floor storage as well.

john w

That boat is still around in southern Wisconsin, it did have a 200 xp. Now it has a warmed up 200 merc on it. I brought that boat up to lake Superior and caught some nice small mouths in the 4 to 5 lb range. Its still a little boat for Lake Superior, BIG WAVES. I think all of the xtb's were the same casting decks, not very big.

Ocktane

A few pics of the interior of my 89'. No wood in my transom! Love this boat! I've had a good share of bass see the inside of my boat and hopefully many more in the future! It'd be nice to have a larger flippin' deck and a console for the passenger, but what can ya' do. On cold days I just recommend a pair of goggles and all is well, haha!

Allyfishing

I really like the XTB's. Like mentioned earlier, a dual console would be the cats butt! Looking at the photo's this is the original 2+2. XTB's are 21 footers right? Back in the late 80's I don't recall another bass boat out there at 20 foot? Allison......why anything else?? :razz

Darth VMAX

Yep they are 21 foot TOTAL length. The centerline is really 19' 11" (86" beam). So it really was in line with other manufacturer's 20 ft models as far as those measurements go. The similarities pretty much end right there! ;-)

You are also correct as being the father of the 2+2

Dave Hensley

I have had the pleasure of owning a 1987, 1989 and my present 1995 XTB. I agree it is the best all around boat Darris built. The issue I had with the first two were that they had the storage and live well lids in the front deck. After fishing all day and standing on the rolled edges of the lids my feet hurt. The 1995 has the smooth front deck with the vertical access lid. The ride is excellent in big water and the boat feels secure. Good stable fishing platform for two people. I like floor space more than deck so it fits me fine. All of mine have had 260 Merc Performance motors. The 1987 was the lightest of all and would run 101 mph without making a lot of changes from fishing trim except unloading it. The 1989 ran 100 mph and the 1995 Just hasn't been called on due to lack of use.

jimmyb

i owned dave's 1989... :)

I had plans to make an extended front deck on it so my tournament partner could join me up front (stock front deck is a bit "cozy" for 2 guys). The boat was definately ahead of its time, but does lack the storage and rod holding capacity of modern bass boats.

I do enjoy fishing out my current bullet 21xdc, but do miss my XTB on those calm tournament mornings!

jeremy hood

If the xtb came with a center console like 2003,id buy one in a second.There incredibly fast out of the hole and handle bigger water amazingly.Im still dumb founded with the 84.7 with a bone stock 94 150 promax.
Do you know what prop /set up they did that with. Been trying to find it but I guess that was before the internet.lol

Darth VMAX

Well I started this thread a while ago and I'll keep it going LOL

Taking the two different XTB front deck styles. The one with the two storages which I thought I liked now I favor the one with the "Smooth" front deck with the one storage door mounted vertically. Another reason is it looks like you have room to recess the foot control for the TM.

Anyone know what year(s) these were made?

skewby

i think they started that in 90-91. was talking about that a couple days ago with kurt or dave and they like the newer ones because they were easier on your feet while fishing, because you didn't have to deal with the hinges

Darth VMAX

Awesome! So something new I learned is about the 5 additional in he's of setback on the later models. Didnthis coincide with the removal of the floor ski locker? What advantage does this do besides not needing as much setback on a jackplate