Help!

accortojim

I was getting all set to leave Tuesday Morning@4am. Remembered last year at the Rally my horn was sounding on the last day. Turned out to be the water seperator alarm. Thought I would be proactive and drain the filter........... The plastic nut on the bottom of the filter that houses the brown wire (sensor) that is connected to the box with the LED. BROKE CLEANLY @ the filter.. I live 8 hrs away from the Rally....... are these parts usually available from any ones experience or am I *(&^%$)

Any advise would be apreciated. I plan on calling my local parts guy in the morning but not feeling to good about this.

Thanks,
Jim

J

John Richied

You don’t need that anyway in my opinion… Just leave it unplugged and everything will be fine.

I happen to have a few of those sensors and will send you one for free when you get back... Go enjoy the rally :wink:

RedAllison

Jim pack on up and high tail it down here at your usual early time tomorrow (I'm leavin between 5-6am in the morn). Between Linda Owens, Glenn Reynolds and the great folks with GPI and JSRE I can't help but think we can get you a simple part like that for that 2.5 200XRI of yours. Hell if nothing else I am sure someone can overide the sensor and at least shut the alarm off for the rally.

Come on down and I'll see ya tomorrow afternoon,
RA

accortojim

John with that nut broke clean offf at the filter... wont it leak?

Red I am packed and ready to go.... but man thats an expensive trip with out getting your boat wet.

I am going to go try starting it to see what happens... Fire extinguisher ready.

accortojim

No Leaks ..........no Fire Dept..... no Horn.............. I'm loading!

Thanks guys

RedAllison

Atta boy Jim. Trust me, it's nothing really and not something that will keep you out of the water even if we can't get it fixed. Sensor shmensor, hit the road jack and don't look back! :wink:

I already packed my lil RE3 for ya as well, :p
RA