Hello

Garry Hagins

I am new to this forum. My name is Garry and I am currently waiting for my new XB-21 Pro Sport to be built. This will be my first Allison and I am very excited. I recently visited with Jonathon Bowling and Nancy Allison in Louisville. They were great people and were a wealth of information on the boats. I look forward to participating in some of the discussions on this page. I will post pictures of the boat once it is built.

Thanks,

Garry

scj

Congrats! You'll love the ProSport! What color did you order?

That Jonathan fellow is a good guy. They don't make um much nicer..........pretty good at catch'n a fish or two as well.

If you haven't made your mind up on power, I can give you a demo ride for what a SHO offers.

Garry Hagins

My boat is going to be platinum top and bottom with a black lower stripe and wing & royal blue upper stripe. Console and rear fairing will be royal blue as well with silver and black pin stripes. I am putting a 300 XS on it with a sportsmaster lower unit and 1.62 gears.

scj

Are you going with side, offset or center steer?
I went with offset steering which is between the others and a side slide seat bracket. It allows me to move my seat side to side to keep from having to use so much ballast when I run alone.
I run my batteries different in the ProSport vs. my 2+2 as this boat centers your weight so much better.

The steps Allison offers is very handy and surprisingly used more than I thought I would need them.

Last edited:

Garry Hagins

SCJ,
I did order the steps on mine. As far as the offset I haven't talked about that. They ordered my gel coat and should be in this week. I am sure I should talk to them about the offset. I went with the tournament model with the fold down seats in the back. I am hoping that it will pull my young daughters on a tube as well as allow me to fish.

Garry Hagins

SCJ,
That's a great looking boat. How do you like the steps? Is the stainless steel pole sturdy enough to balance you and not wiggle when entering the boat? How does your boat run with the Yamaha?

All,
I will post pictures as soon as I get the boat. The colors are the same as Jonathon Bowling's boat without the black bottom.

scj

Garry,
The stainless tube is plenty sturdy to balance you going up and down the steps.
Ask Jonathan about my Yamaha, he has looked at the back of it enough....:D I wouldn't trade my SHO for any Mercury, period! It's quiet, no oil to burn or smell, very fuel efficient and has a killer hole-shot!

I would like to see an all Royal Blue ProSport. I think that would be as good looking as the one I have............but I always order solid color boats..........

The folding seats are more practical and offer more versatility but my wife wanted to go with the bench.

If they haven't asked you about steering, they will once it goes to the finish shop. Right side steering is the best as far as being comfortable setting directly behind the steering wheel when you have both front seats in. If I had to do it again, that's how I would've went.

Depends on how you want your boat set-up and the size of your trolling motor (24/36 volt) but my battery set-up provides a nicely balanced boat with my wife and I aboard.
I have one 80# Odyssey agm (cranking battery) on the port side, one 50# trolling battery in the center and the other 50# trolling battery in the starboard side rear compartment. All of them are as far forward as they can be. I use a 80 ft. lb. Ulterra on a quick detach Minn Kota plate that allows the troller to be perfectly inline front to back. I can remove it in less than 10 seconds also.

If you want and we can work it out, I can take you out on mine to see if you like the off-set steering and side slide seat and show you the SHO differences.

Garry Hagins

Garry,
The stainless tube is plenty sturdy to balance you going up and down the steps.
Ask Jonathan about my Yamaha, he has looked at the back of it enough....:D I wouldn't trade my SHO for any Mercury, period! It's quiet, no oil to burn or smell, very fuel efficient and has a killer hole-shot!

I would like to see an all Royal Blue ProSport. I think that would be as good looking as the one I have............but I always order solid color boats..........

The folding seats are more practical and offer more versatility but my wife wanted to go with the bench.

If they haven't asked you about steering, they will once it goes to the finish shop. Right side steering is the best as far as being comfortable setting directly behind the steering wheel when you have both front seats in. If I had to do it again, that's how I would've went.

Depends on how you want your boat set-up and the size of your trolling motor (24/36 volt) but my battery set-up provides a nicely balanced boat with my wife and I aboard.
I have one 80# Odyssey agm (cranking battery) on the port side, one 50# trolling battery in the center and the other 50# trolling battery in the starboard side rear compartment. All of them are as far forward as they can be. I use a 80 ft. lb. Ulterra on a quick detach Minn Kota plate that allows the troller to be perfectly inline front to back. I can remove it in less than 10 seconds also.

If you want and we can work it out, I can take you out on mine to see if you like the off-set steering and side slide seat and show you the SHO differences.

It's too late as they have already ordered the 300XS and have it at the marina. I was asking about the Yamaha when I first starting looking at the boat, but was told that it would cost 10K to modify the lower unit to be able to handle speeds over mid 80's.

I am going with at 36 volt Ulterra trolling motor. Where did you get your quick release plate and do you remember the cost.

I will leave the seat on the right side thanks for your input. I would have loved to have an all black boat with and upper wing in about any color.

Last edited:

scj

Brand new take-off 3L Sportmaster was $4500. I think my bill at Hydro-Tec was $4400. They sold my new SHO take off gearcase and allowed me $3000.

New SHO 200 $15,300 plus $5900 for SportMaster, SHO mounting mod with new driveshaft, solid mounts, flashed ecu, engine broke in on dyno and shipping.
$21,200 total. Just about the same or a little more than what a XS300 w/SM would have cost me with no dyno break in. Well worth it IMO.

Garry Hagins

Brand new take-off 3L Sportmaster was $4500. I think my bill at Hydro-Tec was $4400. They sold my new SHO take off gearcase and allowed me $3000.

New SHO 200 $15,300 plus $5900 for SportMaster, SHO mounting mod with new driveshaft, solid mounts, flashed ecu, engine broke in on dyno and shipping.
$21,200 total. Just about the same or a little more than what a XS300 w/SM would have cost me with no dyno break in. Well worth it IMO.

I wish I would have known that from the beginning I would have went that direction.

NOTGSXR

I have an almost new MKA-32 that was on my boat and used like 4 times until I sold my Ulterra. If you want it I am sure we can work out a deal!

Garry Hagins

Sounds like my boat will be leaving the Allison factory on April 7th I should be picking it up in Macon, Georgia on April 13th. I got a 28 Bravo 1 FS coming from Sanderson that has been worked we will see what it can do once I learn how to drive it. I am sure there is going to be a pretty good learning curve for sure.