HDS7 gen 2 elite

Dave Hensley

Anyone using one of these mounted up front with the transducer on the t-motor? Single skimmer style transducer. The XTB I just got has one and they used a skimmer style transducer but it is mounted backwards. The Flat end of the transducer is facing in the direction of travel. If it hits anything it slides out of the mounting bracket???? Weird... It throws big bars on the sonar chart like you are running through prop wash. If you sit still it reads fine. I think it is backwards.

Also it has an HDS7 gen 2 at the dash and when I use the navigation the chart doesn't scroll as you travel. I have to manually move the screen to keep the "boat" showing. I just went into settings and monkeyed around with North always up and 2D-3D but won't know until I go to lake. Any suggestions on optimal settings and how to un-freeze the chart??

Allyfishing

turn the skimmer transducer around, it is facing the wrong way. The blunt end of it is the rear. I set my chart to course up so my boat position is always in the center of the screen and more to the bottom of the chart. The boat curser is then stationary and the chart moves in the direction of your travel. I don't use 3d either. So yo have not used this HDS unit on the water yet? If not wait til you are on the water to determine if it is working properly