gt-20 fullblown resto

paddelboat

Probationary User
Well after kidding my self and trying to sell her, I'am all in again. I desided to put in a new transum and floor. But to my suprise I discover that it has a cored hull, and roted in places. After a 6pack and a few words to my self I decided to get started. Floor out, half of transum with help from chainsaw and most of the coring removed with air chisel.While distroing my boat that I thought I had just restored I began to wonder how to rebuild this PLEASURE BOAT of mine. I'am thinking all composit and thin I go to the allison site and read that they are all composite today. I work in avation as a painter on bissness jets and getting into composits pretty deep. I was thinking about stainless bushings in the transum and read that allison is doing something like that to prevent cruching the transum coring. So here is why I'am here, do any of you have pics are drawings of how the stringers,transum or floor are laid out so that I can get a better idea of how to build mine back.

RedAllison

pb to my knowledge there aren't any detailed pics available from the layup shop at Allison, at least none with their consent or knowledge. During the first rally I was gonna take pics of a 2003 without its' topcap or flooring and Nancy QUICKLY let me know that no pics were allowed of such hush-hush techniques (I KNEW they were touchy about it and had asked her earlier, but I musta mis-understood where pics were and weren't allowed :oops: ).

Maybe Scottie da body (aka YellowAllison) has some detailed pics of his burned out 2003 before he made a capsule dragger out of her that might give you some clue as too Darris' modern methods and techniques?

If you are going to use the materials, composites, resins and techniques that Darris uses today then you better plan on LOTS of time and even more MONEY in obtaining the components for your rebuild! I understand some of the resins are sold by the ounce and a can or two can run into the hundreds if not thousands of dollars? Ashland Chemical was at the 50th Expo, perhaps someone still has their info or a contact?
RA

hack02

On page two there was a topic called Bouncing in a GT20 posted by a guy in Fla. called Slider. He did basically the same resto your into now. Get in touch with him, he posted several pics of the project over on S&F.