Got past the chine.... finally

Mick

Ok gents, I finally broke into the 80's tonight! Very excited, I'm almost high.. Lol what an incredible feeling. Although I'm sure my setup is not dialed in 100% yet, it's close and I feel incredible. My best speed was 81 with 800 rpm left!! Pure excitement.. That was with my 26Trophy pvs holes open, and somewhere right around even with the pad maybe a little above. Just wanted to share my excitement and tell Skewby I'm officially in love with your sloppy seconds!! Lmao thanks Skewby for a terrific rig!

xb03fs

Nice. Most allisons really lock once you cross 80 and start to drive themselves.keep going

Mick

On My local pond there's not much room to really let your hair down... On my way to bigger water shortly.

Mick

Yep, 71. After watching your hand movements that day, I was able to mimmick you, and once she got past 73, gained 6-7 mph and 300 rpm in a flash! AWSOME feeling I must say.. Not quite up to
Most of your standards yet but definatly feeling good :)

Allyfishing

Mick, try to get an exact prop to pad measurement now. That is critical now that it is driving better and speed has increased.

Mick

Lol, I will.. Seems to be very difficult to get exact measurement in my gravel driveway.. Not gonna change a thing til the rally

Mick

Yep, I made multiple runs in the high 70's. Still
Getting used to the feel Of the boat at those speeds. As good as it feels I still have a LOT of respect for her, Therefor I'm going to take my time climbing to the limits of my rig.. Just so y'all are aware, I might be single handily, the most excited person for the rally! I cannot wait to take in all the experience of you guys, all at once.. There's no doubt in my mind by the end of it all I should be able to have her at the edge of her limits.. Not to mention a week of un-interrupted fishing :)

I will say this I got more oohs and awws at the ramp yest!! Unlike you boys down south, these boats are far and few between up here.. Still have a rod just from that.. Lol All in all everything worked perfect yest my holeshot is much better minus pvs plugs, electronics worked perfect since I changed my ducer.. as soon as I comfortable driving 1 handed I'll
Try and get a pic or vid of my gps:) thanks for all
The tips and help gentlemen...

flying07

Isn't it a fun learning curve? My first ally was my GS last year, learning is a rush! (and frustrating at times too, haha). Great job, have fun, and always be safe!

Mick

Isn't it a fun learning curve? My first ally was my GS last year, learning is a rush! (and frustrating at times too, haha). Great job, have fun, and always be safe!
It is a blast, I have a real good friend who got me into these boats, he's always said there's no other boat that's as fun to drive.. Now that I finally own one I couldn't agree more! Btw that learning curve is AWSOME... Everytime I go out I learn something new.. In fact now I hardly fish..lol

Mick

mick i told you that when you start running the boat you will quit fishing as much and just play
Skewby you Couldn't be more right!! My only worry is I might back a few extra clothes for the rally and not leave when it's over!! Btw glad to hear from ya, was wondering where you've been.

mmalinao

So awesome! I can't wait to get to where you are. I ran her a bunch at Clearlake on Saturday and Sunday and even though I felt I had her balanced right I couldn't to 65 without washing the decals. I so wish I could be up at the rally to get help, but luckily I'm going out with George in June and hope to speed up the learning curve then!

Mick

I never though I'd say this! Lmao but like everyone say one day your just driving your boat minding your own business yada yada yada..... And BAM you start climbing and she's out of the water flying like she should... Now I'm not saying I have it perfected, or my rig is 100% setup. But man just to get past that chine and feel it run... Dude it's amazing.. You will smile everyday even if your not on the lake knowing that she's sitting in the yard waiting for you.. Oh and the oohs and awes at the ramp!! Priceless ;)

Reactions: Jon

scj

You'll catch it at the right time and it'll click. I washed the sides off my 2003 and just about the time I was about to break 80, I sold it and bought the 2+2. Started all over again!
Be patient!