Good un from yesterday afternoon

Allyfishing

A good friend of mine took me up to Lake Ontario in October a few years ago for lunker smallies. We stayed there for a few days and launched out of Sackets Harbor, Chaumont Bay and Henderson Harbor. It was windy most of the time so we didn't get to fish his prime spots out on the big water but did we ever clobber big smallies all day long inside the harbors and on the main lake points. 4's and 5's all day long and they ate chatter baits like ya couldn't see the blade. Along with swimbaits and drop shots.

Allyfishing

I've been looking at those Neal. Rage blades is what I've seen with the heavier baits if I'm not mistaken. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of waters where I live to fish them other than the TN river at the rally. That's my only experience with ledge fishing thus far.

GotMyAlly

Picasso Shock Blade is the one I've been looking at in the 2 oz range. I didn't know strike king had one in that size, but I'll have to check it out.

Allyfishing

I was wrong....rage blade up to 3\4 oz I looked up the Picasso and it's a dang nice looking bait

Allyfishing

Yo Neal....i just bought a Picasso 2oz blade bait and it is a sweet looking bait. Looking forward to using it at Watts Bar this June at the rally. you have much expereince at ledge fishing?? I intend to hit Chick this year while i'm there. i hope to get there a few days before the rally starts so I can get on chick.

You ever try any of the Lews baitcasting reels?? I just started switching over to Lews after buying my first one at the end of last season. Smoothest reel I've ever used bar none!!!!! Cast a mile and no issues with back lashes!! This year i intend to learn how to skip a jig or die trying!!

GotMyAlly

Ledge fishing is what we do on Pickwick most of the summer, but I have no first hand experience on that end of the TN river. My brother in law lives a few minutes from Chick and I see his pictures of hawgs all the time, so they must be doing something right out there.

I have not owned any Lew's reels. A guy that I took fishing last week had just switched over to Lew's. He was having a tough time dialing in the cast control knob, but I think that was just learning pains with new gear.

I have to admit, while I can skip a jig, I'm not very good at it. A lot of times, I'll switch to a spinning reel with a lighter-weight jig when I have to skip. A 3/16 or 1/4 oz lead head with a twin tail chompers grub skips purty good.

Allyfishing

Interesting on your friend having difficulty with dialing in the cast control. over other reels I've owned it is more precise with the cast control knob and the magnetic control has the farthest range to dial in than others.

I can skip senkos, flukes and smaller worms on spinning but not on baitcast which is why I want to learn. This guy is amazing!!!!

GotMyAlly

I did buy a Lew's a few months ago when I picked up a new spinning reel. Compared to the Abu's I've been using for spinning reels, I think I'll be pretty happy with that one. I've only picked it up once though, and only threw it for a few minutes. My wife will probably get more use out of that one than I will.

My baitcasters are a mix of citicas and curados.

That guy in the video is good. I need to improve on the same, but I don't fish boat docks much on the lakes that I frequent. Since I've been fishing the private lake in my neighborhood more this year, I've been trying to skip the chatterbaits under and around the docks. It's hard to do sitting down in a 12' plastic boat though!

Allyfishing

those are nice.

I did just recently bought a lews spinning and am very impressed with it also. it was the higher end model and I used my club points to get it. i too have a few abu garcia spinning and they are great as well. I've tried a 100+ dollar daiwa and it sucks.

Mick

I just recently got turned onto pflueger spinning reels, imo no better spinning reel for the money. I always used shimano spinning, lews casting and Pflueger when my spinning reels die. The pflueges r 11 bearings I believe.

GotMyAlly

Been fishing from my little boat in the neighborhood more since my trailer is still waiting on parts. Caught these two on back-to-back casts Sunday.

Attachments