Good day on The Bar

Dave Hensley

Caught double limit of crappie up in the river around Paint Rock today. Had 40 and kept the 30 best ones. Had one that went 2-1/4 lb. 15-16 were over 12". 3.5 hours of fishing on same spot. Thank you Lord.

Jon

Supporting Member
Thats my cove with the crane. Between the channel and the crane is some great fishing along the right side if you get back down.

Dave Hensley

Thats my cove with the crane. Between the channel and the crane is some great fishing along the right side if you get back down.
That pocket gets alot of traffic and yes it is good when they go shallow. There are several nice brush piles out toward the mouth of it in 17' of water that should get good in about two weeks. They will be staging up. When they go to 2' of water the fun really starts. Just doesn't last long.

Jon

Supporting Member
You're right, Dave. You have a few days of mayhem. You can catch them faster than you can get a hook in the water :). Those few hours on a select few days, and when the shad minnows are going nuts, are the only time I fish during the year. I probably catch more on those few days than most in a year though. I don't keep any, I just like catching them!

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Another good day. Partner and I had 30 by 1:30 pm and started culling. Stopped in one spot and never started big motor. Lots of boat traffic, super weather. They will be pulling into shallow water in the next two weeks. Can't wait. Best time of the year for fishing.

Dave Hensley

Another great day on the Bar. 30 crappie in 3 hours. 20 over 13" and one that measured
16 -1/2". Water temps in the back of pockets was 60 deg.

Jon

Supporting Member
Water is going down somewhat quick now. TVA is iffy on the app. I rode up the Clinch yesterday and it was super cold as usual.

I'll go out in my little troller and hit it tomorrow to see if I can catch anything.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are you catching them on and what kind of structure? I may be finally getting mine out in a day or 2.

Dave Hensley

Decent day today on The Bar. Went thinking crappie would be up shallow. NOT. Found them in 17' of water dug deep in brush piles. We Cleaned 21 with about 12 ofthem over 13 inches.

gmorgan

Went fishing yesterday with my youngest son. We had a decent day on bass, crappy, but super day on catfish. I'm guessing that old Apaloosa cat weighed 15 to 20 pounds. He hit a DB16 Rapala. The whole thing was in this throat, the lip of the crankbait was stuck under the front of this lower jaw, got it all on video, and my rod was about double. Lots of fun.