Gas is on the rise

Alli-drenaline Rush

You guys have CARB to thank for that, among other things.... Refining business just got tougher in CA with the implementation of Assembly Bill 32 on Jan 1....

That on top of The Fed pumping $$$ into the economy devaluing the dollar and the instability in the Middle East. You can thank Dear Leader (His Excellency The Anointed One) for that.

SLOmofo

Now how would 20 different formulas of gas and I think all of it being made in Ca make it expensive. :banghead
Probably along the same lines of Printing $$$ not backed by anything and buying back bad paper. :punch
Come on now, we'll just give those people a few Billion or a couple of fighter jets so they'll like US. :same ole song

whipper

Going up hear to dont like it, pisses me off. The oil company's make more a quarter than anyone. Just a big money grab and the govt lets them do it. Dont like the whole setup and gouging aspect of pricing. Before when oil was 90 a barrel gas was way cheaper and they still made more than anyone else. Now its just ridiculous how much they make.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Going up hear to dont like it, pisses me off. The oil company's make more a quarter than anyone. Just a big money grab and the govt lets them do it. Dont like the whole setup and gouging aspect of pricing. Before when oil was 90 a barrel gas was way cheaper and they still made more than anyone else. Now its just ridiculous how much they make.
Whip, you might want to check out this report from the Wall Street Journal.... 76% of the price of gas is set before the oil companies even see it..... Exxon makes 7 cents profit off each gallon sold.... not a big margin in my book when they are gambling BILLIONS on new fields...... Federal, State and Local Governments take almost 50 cents/gallon.

Excerpted from the Journal... "Crude oil costs make up about 76% of the cost of gasoline, according to U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). Thus $2.66 of a $3.50 gallon of gasoline is set before the oil is even refined. Global markets, reacting to supply and demand, determine the cost of crude oil. Just like any commodity, from gold to corn, a shortage in supply or an increase in demand leads to a rise in prices."

So whenever North Korea sets off another nuke, or when Iran rattles its sabers, or when a mouse farts in the Middle East, or when Mr. Bernanke decides to crank up the printing presses yet again, or when Mr. Obama says no to another Keystone pipeline deal, just repeat slowly...... "Hope and Change is good for USA and for me too..."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443687504577563383982418536.html

GotMyAlly

The government should ensure there's no monopoly and beyond that, stay out of gas (as well as all other private sector business). Let competition and the free market drive the price. Anything that politicians get the greedy hands in just gets more expensive and more complex as the layers of bureaucracy pile up.