Flower Lake

GotMyAlly

Interesting reading for anybody that fishes in north MS.......

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/mississippi-crappie-fishing/164730-flower-lake-update.html

This has been an ongoing fight for several years as the land owners no longer allow access to a public lake. There was a corps ramp on private land available for public use for years. Once the landowners no longer allowed access, the corps of engineers destroyed their ramp. Great little fishin hole though.

The Cashew Kid

My dad is good friends with the only camp owner left at Flower. Last 4th of July dad took his pontoon for a ride and said asian carp were everywhere. Just beat the chit out of the boat. Nick also told me fishing has steady gotten worse every year and aint really worth a crap anymore. That ramp was on levee board property and when the folks closed access, they said f**k you, you cant have a ramp on our property and took it up. I could see it happening to Lakeview too. Kinda sucks.

RedAllison

The Belz family owns Lakeview??? :shock: :beer:

Sheeeeeeeeeut guys hang on, Jack Belz is good buds with my mother. Wait a year or two and let that lake get REALLY good again and I'll see what we can do!!! :wink

Morn one way to skin dis catfish, :gone fishing
RA

GotMyAlly

If he'll let us, we can go in from that side. I bet my ol' jeep could drag a jon boat around to the run-out.