fishing sort of...

Speedman

so I had the seals replace in my lower unit and my mechanic wanted to test it out so we put in the river and headed up, the water was high fast and muddy as the Ct gets when it floods, she ran fine and I offered to let him drive it. back at the shop he told me how he drives his friend Baja at 90, his friends cigarette at 120 etc etc, I told him he wouldn't be able to drive mine 60! he said BS but when she started to rock, he couldn't control her :roll: I think he made it to 60 once! it was kinda funny, so we stopped at a set back spot and Of course I am bragging that I am king of the river, first cast a nice 2 lb smallie, he's in awe that in flood stage conditon, I actually caught something! then I got another and lost 2 more, moved to spot 2, got 2 there, then spot 3 got 3 more and snaggged a 5 lb catfish in the tail, he was just blown away! Told him if I had all day, I surely could have got 50+ This wall all in about an hour. We blasted back to the ramp doing 90+ through the no wake zone and he finally admitted that yes, I was the king!

jimmyb

gotta love it!

i will let just about anyone drive my boat that wants to (with me in it of course!) honestly the scariest drivers are the guys that supposedly have boating experience in fast boats! talk about sticker washing! hehe

that is cool that you caught some fish... heard the rain has been bad out east. I always have a hard time catching fish in flood conditions

Speedman

Jimmy, don't know where you fish in flood stage, if on lakes, I am no help, if on rivers, I can definately help you out there. It's a simple formula and the fishing can be the best of the year! basically you fish current breaks that can be huge back eddies or ones that are half the size of the boat! The fish usually are in less than 5 ft of water. The best time is after the river has crested and started to fall. points are always good but sometimes too fast. it's the subtle ones that are key, also bridge pilings on the shore or any man made structure that might be out of the water most of the year, but just a perfect block in the high water. Hey I got an idea...come to Mass and I'll show you! :lol: