First allison need input

David B

Just got my first Allison xb2002 I'm putting my 225pm on it. Where would a good motor height to start with be. Boat is 840 pounds 9" set back. I do fish a lot but no heavy loads. I have a 28 hoss chopper that I use to fish with and a 30 et to play with. Looking for set up that's good for both

bassracr

1/4 below the pad would be a good place to start . Make sure steering is nice and free, no slop, etc if you have cables. Allison makes their own front tube I would recommend if you have cables . What are you going to use for gear case ? Lots of good info here using the search feature for setup . Use your jacket and kill switch. Have fun, be safe

David B

1/4 below the pad would be a good place to start . Make sure steering is nice and free, no slop, etc if you have cables. Allison makes their own front tube I would recommend if you have cables . What are you going to use for gear case ? Lots of good info here using the search feature for setup . Use your jacket and kill switch. Have fun, be safe
Just got my first Allison xb2002 I'm putting my 225pm on it. Where would a good motor height to start with be. Boat is 840 pounds 9" set back. I do fish a lot but no heavy loads. I have a 28 hoss chopper that I use to fish with and a 30 et to play with. Looking for set up that's good for both
It's a lower unit off a 2.4 crome bore with a Bob's. It's in good shape

bassracr

It's a lower unit off a 2.4 crome bore with a Bob's. It's in good shape
Everyone is different
I have had a similar setup and I really liked the way the boat drove and handled 1/4 to 1/8 under. Stock pad

tony Atwell

What both them said. Start at 1/4 below. Get plenty of seat time and learn how to go fast. And learn how to slow down from going fast. Seat time will be the thing you need most. And ALWAYS WHERE A PFD.