Facebook folks please come home!!!

Jon

Supporting Member
You don't have to just get people from FB :very happy

Just don't bring extra personalities. One per person.

hirk

I hit this and the fb page daily but between the two this is by far my fav., so much more detailed info that I seldom see on fb and the search function as mentioned is priceless.

XB03AllyProud

I have watched this site for years since it's been up but just recently got joined up after a few try's over a couple years. Some failed attempts I later found, may have been my fault but it has been difficult/ slow for people to get signed up in the past. Sounds to be a lot better now. My exposure to Allison's goes back to late 80's when my father in law finally got one and I have been hooked ever since. I messed with a bunch of other brands to help feed the need for speed and such but always knew I was settling for 2nd or less best. I kept watching this site and trying to absorb what the elders here had to pass on, waiting for the day I could put it to use in my own Ally. All of it has made the last 3 years with my '03 so much better and was invaluable to honing my skills at the wheel..I thank all here for that. Allison wouldn't be the boat/ brand it is without the network of it's die hard owners to teach and caution the unknowing or knowing it all newbie. Imagine the failures and wrecks from poor setup or not respecting the boat and it's design because there was no repository of info as we have here at our fingertips. I would hate to think this valuable resource would one day not be here for us and the next generation of owner. That would be a real loss, pray it never happens due to lack of participation. As you see I haven't posted much, so guess I am part of the problem of sorts but it's not from lack of caring about the site but out of respect as I don't feel I have the knowledge yet to pass on and with the exception of this long winded post I generally don't have a lot to say. Be quiet and you might learn something I used to be told when young. Guess I never broke out of that. Anyway-Thanks all and keep up the best site for the best boats in their class..

Jon

Supporting Member
Welcome aboard man. Post when you feel like you can add something or ask a question where it would help you or others out.

Honestly though, there are a lot of ways to contribute. You're going to know something about your boat and setup that no one else will know, whether it something positive or some bonehead mistake that you've made - we've all made mistakes and occasionally had strokes of genius, and at least we can learn from that!

Do me a favor as I asked before, and help us advertise a little. If you know some other Allison owners or enthusiasts, get them to sign up over here. As you said, signing up is far easier now, and usually will be processed within a couple of hours.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
ACTIVE participation is the only thing that will "rejuvenate" this board, and there are many reasons why people choose to not actively participate. Some of those reasons should be obvious.

Huh? I guess I can't see the forest for the woods. What's oblivious?

hirk

He is trying to say without saying, I have never directly had an issue with what he is alluding too but some have, sound about right Bob?

Jon

Supporting Member
Someone PM me the answer to this quiz, because I'm failing right now. And no enemas until barefoot season!

jeremy hood

As a new user this may be a topic I'm actually not lost about. The main suggestions I would have are to make pics easier to post, sale posts easier ( five post rule), and add a user's gallery where you can just go to look at boats, motors, trailers to get ideas. I just got my xtb and am amazed the wealth of knowledge on here and the mentality and maturity of members on here willing to help. It's a great site but could be easier to use. Just my .02.

whipper

Pics can be dragged from your pic folder on your PC and simply dropped on hear thats pretty easy. Its been very quiet compared to how this site was. maybe FB but one thing FB doesnt do as well as longer better answer's to questions. I mean sure some try but alot more short read between the lines sorta stuff on FB buy most. And alot more crap! This site scream and Fly are my two favorites. I have a hard time getting into boat related stuff on FB for some reason. Lets see some pics of the XTB!! :D you can start another thread lets see your rides! and everyone likes showing off there Allisons. ;)

jeremy hood

Maybe my problem with the pics was because I mainly use my phone. But yea I'll start a gallery thread and see where it goes. I was thinking like a Google search where every pic comes up as a thumbnail.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
The forum can provide a lot of history that facebook can't. As old as most of the boats and motors are the questions have been asked and answered in the past.

jeremy hood

The forum can provide a lot of history that facebook can't. As old as most of the boats and motors are the questions have been asked and answered in the past.
That's where I was confused about the 5 post rule. It says to search before posting and everything I wondered about had been covered and then some. It would take months or longer to have 5 things someone would want to post about before they could post in the for sale section. I was looking for a prop and being new there's alot of things I need to buy that might could be had for a good deal on here but couldn't post there so I went to fb.

Jon

Supporting Member
The 5 post thing is only in place on the classifieds to prevent they fly by night folks. This is in place on MANY forums, or on sites like S&F, you have to pay to post in the classifieds.

When you sign up for the site (for the past 2+ years), I send everyone an email asking to post in the new user forum, and start a conversation. You can easily rack up 5 posts doing that alone. I see you have 10 messages already :).

jeremy hood

It was just a couple thoughts to get insite from a new user. Don't get me wrong I love the page and all the knowledge on it just a couple of impressions I got as a new user.

Jon

Supporting Member
I forgot to cover your gallery question. Click the media tab up top - is that what you mean?