Facebook folks please come home!!!

Dave Hensley

Guys this forum is getting extremely stale. Very few new posts, fewer new classifieds. I log on day after day and the same 5 day old post will be at the top of 80% of the categories. This use to be the time of the year when things got hot as everyone was fighting cabin fever. What's up?

I heard things were going to get jazzed up a bit.......Please hurry. I don't give a rats butt about semi trucks and where somebody ate lunch today. Facebook is full of that junk.

Last edited:

Jon

Supporting Member
Hey Dave, check out the announcement at the top of every forum, and lets get some people to come back to get excited about boats, the summer, and some racing.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm here. That's why I posted those pictures the other day. Facebook is easier to post to but I really enjoy the board more. Unfortunately being winter, not a lot to post. My boat hasn't been out in darn near 2 months.

aeneas

Come summer I'll need more input on setup and then I'll post here. :smile

whipper

I know theirs some new guys that will have lots of questions that's always good to get things going. They are finding it hard to get on the site and give up after a while though. We need to figure out a few things. i know I really really miss the Owners page with setup top speeds and pics of the a boats. That was a very cool page a brought alot of interest seeing all the different models and with what power what hulls could do what. Is there any way to get those pages incorporated onto the site? there was 20+ years of Allison and every conceivable engine configuration. Invaluable to have that back somewhere?. Used to be when ya clicked on the big Allison up top.

Jon

Supporting Member
Whipper, you can still see parts of it if you go to archive.org and put in allison owners.com. That is how I found it prior to getting a login here.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Hey Dave, check out the announcement at the top of every forum, and lets get some people to come back to get excited about boats, the summer, and some racing.
Thanks Jon, but as I stated, " Please hurry". I have folks PMing me trying to get joined up and they are frustrated. I can't help them. Heck I have trouble logging on if I have to remember my password! Seriously that needs attention. No new users, no new questions. Questions about the boats and advertising boats/parts for sale drive viewership. FB is the competition and I personally could live without it. I prefer the forum. I also agree the owners page is a must. Great way to archive these boats for years to come and a good place to go back and see the history of a boat that might be up for sale.

Dave Hensley

I go to Facebook and look at boats being advertised. Most of them never hit this board because the sellers can't get a membership. This should be THE place for anyone with an
A Boat to sell it. It should be THE place to search for one. Period. Lots of set up questions asked too and Lord only knows who is answering them. Very difficult to look at history and my stupid DSL locks up when I try to scroll fast on FB. It sucks.

If you are on Facebook and someone asks a question, post the link to this page. If the answer isn't here, post it.

Dave Hensley

I had lunch at BK, but I was towing my Allison at the time.
Well now that qualifies. I went to the bathroom and was wearing my Allison Rally tee shirt....do you need details? Just kidding. The Cleinmark posse has completely abandoned this site for FB. I understand Louie leaving as simpler is much better for him but his other running mates and whelps have no excuse. Pijanowski and Giesler I am talking to you too. Gohr I would call you out but have not seen you on FB, too busy cooking up HP to bust Louie's butt I am guessing. Get your no count rear ends back here. It is not a convenience, it is a commitment.

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

What color was the t-shirt?
You are sick! If it would help content I am getting ready to install string steering in my XR2002. Parts are ordered from Nick Winski at Wintech. I have installed a 12" mid and lower that I bought from Tony Clark. Should be a great set up. If there is interest I will use all of my limited posting skills and do a a running account of how it goes. I have never mastered captions on photos so it will not be fancy. I will post a beginning thread and see if it has any legs.

ssv1761982

Super Moderator
Staff member
Facebook sucks. On this forum you can search for info. On FB things scroll by and disappear.

whipper

Whipper, you can still see parts of it if you go to archive.org and put in allison owners.com. That is how I found it prior to getting a login here. It will be back in action soon though.
Thats GREAT!! I was hoping you would step up as an IT type minded guy when you joined the site. good on you!!:beer: its people like you that can make a difference with our forum. Im not saying that our forum has gone south at all. Its still a go to sight for us Allison guys and gals. i think people in general are getting boged down with {STUFF} to do like pay bills work and the weather has been odd. i know for my self in the winter with snow and ice until late April early May, i ski and dont think boating so much until im getting ready to see what to do for the summer again. FB is OK for short blips to see what nonsense some have been up to. Its really become a place for people to post U tube vids they found it seems?
But as said new members hast to always be a priority for any place. Those pesky bots i understand make sifting threw the new requests and manually a long tedious job.

Anyway EPunk keep up the good work.:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

wc911

Dave you need to teach Tony C about that Dupont stuff so he can practice on his boat and then he can do mine...:big grin

allisonriverrat

Dave is definitely the MASTER at making a boat look new again.. I will be planning
A trip up that way sometime by April .... After I pick up new ride.. Gots to Oder few things from Allison for it..

Jon

Supporting Member
Thanks Whip. It does stink that it is winter, but if I do not get my boat projects done now, you will see all the stuff I skipped over on the boat next summer... and I get NOTHING done in the summer other than sucking gas.

Last edited: