Experienced previous Allison owner but new to 3.0 on XB2003

JOEALLY

Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been on and off the forum for many years and have owned several Allisons. 1 XB2002, 3 XB2003s, and 1 XB21 2 seater. I'm currently into saltwater fishing so I sold my XB21 a couple of years ago and bought a saltwater boat.

But, I'm picking up a xb2003 / 225 Pro XS tomorrow for my son to fish college tournaments. He's 19 and has been driving my Allisons since he was very small. We fished his high school tournament years in the XB21 that I had. When he graduated we bought him an Xpress X19 and put a 200 Pro XS on it and he ran it last year for his first year of college. He is a very experienced boat operator to be 19 and most of it in Allisons. He sold the Xpress and now we are buying the xb2003, which needs some work.

With all of that said, he is still 19 and I don't have any experience running 3.0 Optis on XB2003s. I've read a lot on the forum and I remember back when the first guys started running them but it's been a few years since I paid any attention. I've talked to a couple of guys who have ran 3.0s on xb2003s and they have been positive about it.

The main question I have is about the lower unit. This motor has the torquemaster which I know is the wrong lower for the setup. Obviously we like to find a SM to swap it out but they seem to be pretty scarce.

So, my question is does anyone have any experience running a coned 3.0 TM on xb2003?

Any other advice/info is appreciated. We searched hard for another xb21 but with the current market, couldn't pass this xb2003 up.

Thanks,

Joe

Ally-Sun

Hey Joe, as far as a coned TM. I know Jason Wolf has a nose cone designed specifically for your TM/Setup. Maybe give him a call and discuss performance results. His number is 407-562-7282. Good luck to your son, be safe, and enjoy!

JOEALLY

Hey Joe, as far as a coned TM. I know Jason Wolf has a nose cone designed specifically for your TM/Setup. Maybe give him a call and discuss performance results. His number is 407-562-7282. Good luck to your son, be safe, and enjoy!
Thank you sir! I have it at a shop in Alabama with a young man who bought out Titus. I'll report back after I get it on the water.