Drop in tackle trays and cheap shirts. need new saying...

Speedman

Two things.. can I install a drop in tackle tray system in my xb2002 and where is the best location, I am thinking in front of the pedestal mount. will it affect the strength of the front deck? Has anybody done this? how do you go about cutting the deck and reusing the carpet? 2nd... what's up with the cheap looking shirts that look like a 6th grader drew? We need more shirts like the 50th anniv or....Kevin, can you make shirts out of the logo on the top of this page! what kind of sayings can you guys think of...how about...Allison, because everything else is second and second sucks!. or....Allison boats...will get people looking at your rear!! :lol:

GotMyAlly

Not sure about on a 2002, but on a 2003 (as best as I can remember from the last time I was working under the dash) there is a support beam running under the front deck straight up the center. If you are gonna cut into the deck, I would do it off center so as not to cut this support beam, assuming the 2002 is supported the same way as the 2003.

K

Kevin from FL

Gary, Gary, Gary.......I told ya last year that you were more than welcome to do this years shirts.

WEll guess what...you are just in time because the artwork isn't done and the shirts haven't been ordered.

Let's see what ya got for us Gary :lol:

A

AllisonNewb97

speedman, I was wanting to do the same thing. I was thinking of putting two compartments, one on each side of the console midways between it and the pedestal. I thought about putting some aluminum angle iron under the deck on the edge of the compartments, but I havent built up the gonads to do it. Hopefully we get some kind of reinforcing kickback on it.

Speedman

Kev, O.K I am going to the T shirt place at the mall and see what he can do. Do you think anyone at Allison will care if i make some new shirts? you know, copyright stuff??. I want a picture of that yella one that seems to be everywhere!

K

Kevin from FL

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

J

John Richied

Who the hell would want a picture of Scott’s (Yeller Allison’s) ole boat on their shirt… LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chad202

I cut a hole in the deck of my xb03. If you do it right and it shouldn't be a problem. I was told not to cut in my deck but I have a hard head. I put a recessed TM box and the deck is stronger and has less flex now than it did before.

A

AllisonNewb97

vet, would u please send me pics, i would like to see what u did. Email...Jayblueeyez@hotmail.com

chad202

I was told Allison didn't recommend it so I called Bill and he said they were actually making one to put in their boats and we would be able to purchase them from Allison. I told him how I planned on doing it and he said it would work fine and it does.

A

AllisonNewb97

it is the correct address vet...oh well bro thanks anyway

Speedman

stuff

Chad, so you cut a hole for the drop in system and for the trolling motor pedal? how did it effect the strength of the deck? how did you do the drop in box? looks perfect/ can you still access under the front deck, how much clearance is there between the underside of the box and the bottom of the hull? how did you do the carpet? can you stand on the lid? Is it a kit or did you have it made up? Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

chad202

I didn't cut for the storage compartment. That is factory. My boat is a PST. I cut the hole to recess the TM foot. It came out great and is stronger now than it was before. Fiberglass flexes, aluminum doesn't so it stiffened up the deck a good bit.