COVERING MY BLUE BALLS!!

ROBERT CROSS

The only balls I could get were blue, (thank you USA Womens Soccer Team) ;)

I knew the DW would not appreciate them hanging out in the open, so I covered them.

Cut a template....

Transferred it to a small section of vinyl roofing eve vent...

No more embarrassing blue ball syndrome....:eek:

Added benefit, no...."why do have those blue balls in front of your motor?":LMAO:

Bob

Last edited:

sledman8002002

Nice job with the 'cover up' Robert. I was able to jam 4 in mine but no way to cover them up like yours. I get asked about them alllll the time! I just tell 'em they're for a spur of the moment beach volley ball game :D
Let us know if they make much difference
My findings are bottom 2 aid in better floatation height at rest while the upper 2 aid in splash-back while coming off of plane. (Maybe. Not positive about that tho) I look forward to Roberts findings as well.
.balls2.jpg

ROBERT CROSS

sledman,

Do you have a CMC hydraulic jackplate with gauge?

The sender arm for mine is located on that horizontal plate you see right at the rear edge of the white cover I installed, I think another ball there would jam it.

I installed the balls on Whippers advise....he noticed a big improvement in holeshot performance. My new Hydromotive 24p QIV Round Ear has done wonders for mine, I have more fun being QUICK than FAST, if the "balls" help even a little I'll be happy.:LMAO:

sledman8002002

Do you have a CMC hydraulic jackplate with gauge?
No, no hydraulic Robert, the original Allison 9" manual JP with a 2" setback added. I'll try to get to remember to take a few more in depth pics this afternoon for you.
Yes, I suppose (and makes sense) it would aid in holeshot as well. I really like the added lift while the GS is at rest.

ROBERT CROSS

UPDATE.....

Well, after three daze of use, the takeaway is.....the balls help.
The stern is up about 2", doesn't sound like much but does make a nice difference. We drift/picnic quite a bit and it's nice not getting swamped by every passing ORCA.
Most notable improvement, better holeshot. Much less bow lift and we get over the hump much quicker.
I know the QIV 24p round ear has made a big difference also, but w/balls the stern lifts a lot faster and the hull seems to level out quicker with noticeably less trim needed.

LOVE IT !!! :)

Last edited:

whipper

Im going to do that now also. i like your enclosed idea on the top. and i like the bottom plate idea also. i now have a new project thats!! haha Ive had mine in for 10 years thats why there not blue at all. :rolleyes:
On a side note having the bottom of the jack covered is a great idea!! From a rear veiw on a video you can see the water spray up the jack cavity until up on plain more from a standing start. That would do a great deal in reducing that resistance. Im having this conversation on scream and fly with Dirk who has a tuff 21 and an etch 300 on the back. The stern looks low to me and balls might help in more ways that one. Some think its a bandaid? i think what ever works.

Last edited: