Cleaning textured interior?

B

BP

My XB2003 has the rough textured interior and being red it shows wax residue etc.
Wondering if anybody has any tricks o the trade for cleaning those nooks and crannies short of dental floss and a water pic.
Maybe some coonass will clue me in on a secret technique used on gatorskin rugs. :lol:

Any help appreciated.

Bob

K

Kevin from FL

I use this on the red texture of my boat followed by a real plush/soft towel. I don't have a bunch of red to deal with, so others may have a better way of doing it.

brotherxb03

Well here's your coonass! My boat is white,so all I do is wipe it down with one of thoe white terry cloth towells from sam's that i dip in a bucket of water with zip wax then dry it with another. Then I spray it down with either 3M or maguires quick detail. I think the 3M is called shine enhansor,but the maguires workes just as good and is cheaper. The detail stuff will take of the excess wax because it does on my maroom textured sections. And you can get this at Wall Mart. Some times I have to use a soft brissel brush on dry rabbit blood or marsh mud! :roll:

alli ss

I just have to wash mine. I got wax on the red texture one time and it still shows up after a day in the sun- that was a year ago. I just tape the texture off when I wax the top cap.

brotherxb03

All these ideas are good for cleaning,but cleaners will take the protective wax off also,that's why in my opinion yoy are better off with the 3m clean and shine wax enhancer or mild soap then this or meguiars quick detailer.

B

BP

Thank you for the tips EVERYONE!
Got one of those hand held porcupines and some citrus cleaner and made all gone with the wax residue.

Bob

merc326

well yea, it will take um off so you have to reaply, but anytime you do a good cleaning you need to reaply anyway.