Boatmate bow roller

Ocktane

Hey all,

So I need a new bow roller for my boatmate because the old one is tore up and marking the boat up something fierce (simple task I know). Measured from the outside of one bracket to the other where it mounts and I'm getting just about 3". The old roller itself measures 2 3/4" long (not counting the outside pieces). Went and bought a 3" bow roller from Academy and it doesn't fit. Looks like I'd have to bend the brackets out to make it fit (in which case theres no way it would ever "roll"). The new roller is exactly 3" long and will not fit in the bracket that only allows for a 2 3/4" long roller. Looking around it seems the 3" and 4" rollers are the standard size. What am I missing? Do I need to order one directly from Boatmate or something?

whipper

bow_stop.jpg If 2 3/4 is what was on there then that's probably the one your going to need to order. I need a new one also so Ill be watching this thread. Not the biggest deal if it doesnt roll but the strap will eventually gouge it. Ive seen ones that have a big flare out from the centre. The hub width probably needs to be narrower as your finding out. But if you can find one that flares out on the out side part enough to hug the hull that would be best like this one. there 3 piece. The inner and two outers on the out side of the bracket like this one.

Last edited:

Ocktane

Called Bill and he had the right size. Got it from the factory and I'm good to go. Thanks!