Boating Safety

Jon

Supporting Member
Hey everyone, it seems like every year people become less aware of their surroundings, and there are just more idiots added to the mix. Everyone have a safe 4th tomorrow, and (unlike me sometimes) try to forgive if someone makes an honest boating mistake. We're all distracted from time to time, and then there are just the morons who shouldn't be on the lake - watch out for both.

Also watch out for any Bullet boats, they're all idiots, but for a different reason :)

BigRWater

...more... added to the mix. Everyone have a safe 4th tomorrow, and (unlike me sometimes) try to forgive if someone makes an honest boating mistake. We're all distracted from time to time, and then there are just the morons who shouldn't be on the lake - watch out for both.

Also watch out for any Bullet boats, they're all idiots, but for a different reason :)
Will do. 'And same to you.

They seem to be out early this year. I was out yesterday 50 miles from civilization, and besides all of the Pleasure, Ski, Pontoon, Ski-Doos, fishing etc., there were more Wakeboard boats than ever before. Those big Wakeboard boats can really disrupt the water. I am going out today. I will be on guard.

A happy and safe 4th to all.

Lotus 50

We had tragedy next door in May. Some cottage renters took a canoe out, 38F water, windy, no life jackets. They tipped in the next bay south and a 25 year old woman didn't make it.

We were putting the docks in and saw them go out, but didn't watch after they left our bay.

gmorgan

Very unfortunately, there were three killed and one paralyzed on the Black Warrior River near Tuscaloosa, Alabama on the 4th around 6:00 p.m. when a large ski boat and a Triton bass boat both hugged the same shoreline while negotiating a curve in the river. Motor was knocked off the Triton except for the cables and the ski boat sunk. There were around ten in the ski boat and other injuries were incurred. The Triton was driven by a young man who was test driving the boat to determine if he would buy it as his first boat.