Boat Insurance for Allison

ROBERT CROSS

I tried using my zip and the site didn't connect either....try calling direct.
Customer Service
Please contact your local agent for assistance. If you are unable to reach your agent, please call:

Auto Only:
1-888-888-0080
Monday - Friday
8 AM to 5 PM
(Local Time Zone)

All Other Products (Home, Mobile Home, RVs, etc):
1-800-527-3905
Monday - Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM ET

Foremost AARP Service Center:
1-800-752-2461
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM to 10 PM and Saturday, 9 AM to 5 PM ET

Foremost Direct Service Center:
1-800-237-2060
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM
to 8:00 PM ET

Garry Hagins

Just for everyone's information I was turned down by foremost in coverage on my XB-21 Pro Sport. The reason they turned me down was due to the speed claims that are listed on the website. It shows that they hold world records of over 90 mph with a 200 hp outboard and they said with a 300 go that the boat would run over 100 mph.

So be careful when purchasing insurance for your boat, because if you don't have an accurate speed listed for your boat and motor set-up they can and will deny claims.

I hope this information helps. I will probably be purchasing my insurance from worldwide marine.

scj

That sucks!
WWM has treated me well.
Just because your boat will run 90, doesn't mean you'll drive it that fast. All my vehicles will run over 100 mph but none of them have been that fast

ROBERT CROSS

......the 200xs is $300 less per year than the 225PM, with 100k more liability.....BUT>>>> realize, we are in storage 5mos of the year.

RiverRocket

I have a Prosport with 300xs. State Farm has mine. I was 100% up front with them on the boat. It took a little while to go through under writing, but they are covering it. I have had a claim as well and the covered it. So no issues on the back side either of them dropping it after a claim. Price isn't bad. In line with what my other high performance boats have been. Insurance is expensive in Texas.

Garry Hagins

I have a Prosport with 300xs. State Farm has mine. I was 100% up front with them on the boat. It took a little while to go through under writing, but they are covering it. I have had a claim as well and the covered it. So no issues on the back side either of them dropping it after a claim. Price isn't bad. In line with what my other high performance boats have been. Insurance is expensive in Texas.

I will have my wife check with them on Monday. I don't even have my boat yet as they are having motor and prop problems.

NOTGSXR

I called World Wide Marine from BBC and they wanted over $900 for agreed value of 30k... I believe with Foremost. No additional coverage for electronics or TM. Also not sure about fishin gear...

I then called my allstate agent who it's currently insured with.. I have a replacement value policy according to him... meaning they will replace the boat and not leave me hanging.. I also have $10,000 boat equipment coverage for electronics, TM, Props etc.. and another $10,000 for personal effects (fishin gear)... it's still expensive but cheaper than the above quote...

Oh I also have towing coverage in case I break down on the water.. $3,000 coverage.

I wish it was $400 tho. .

ROBERT CROSS

GS#1 had $27.5k on boat & motor, $2.5k on trailer, (my bad, way too little) & $2.5 0n personal gear.
I didn't allow enough for the trailer, ($5.5k new), and the one item that most everyone forgets......I didn't include the cost of re-registering the boat & trailer, in our case over $2.8k with NYS sales tax. :mad::mad:

Last edited:

Garry Hagins

I think that after looking at all the quotes and the insurance coverage from each of the companies we received quotes from the most reasonable is Allstate. They have total replacement cost of the boat. They understand up front that the boat has the capability of running 90+ mph. They also have a very fair price on the insurance. If anyone has any questions call me. The quote was $900.00 and some change.

ROBERT CROSS

That sucks!
WWM has treated me well.
Just because your boat will run 90, doesn't mean you'll drive it that fast. All my vehicles will run over 100 mph but none of them have been that fast
I know I've been singing the praises of Foremost, especially after they paid our total loss claim last year. Every contact with them went smoothly and we couldn't have been happier with how the claim was handled.
BUT sh*t does happen, and last week a pile was left in our mailbox. The premium for 2017 went up $514. When I contacted them the representative all but admitted that the rate increase was to enable them to re-coup at least some of their loss. I explained that I did not start the fire and the investigation determined it was an accident caused by the building owner's maintenance crew....to no avail.
I got on the phone imediately and spoke with at least 7 different agents & companies, eventually ending up at World Wide Marine.

I spoke with agent Andrea Kolar, (800.748.0224 Ext. 4021), related my sob story, including the total loss claim payout, she said that in her experience our boat was probably capable of 90+mph. After explaining that the boat may be capable but this 'old fart' is not so inclined.....this is what she was able to provide.

fullsizeoutput_1545.jpeg

Needless to say I was elated and 'bound' the policy at once......:):D:rolleyes:
fullsizeoutput_1543.jpeg

I will keep y'all posted.....YMMV.

Last edited:

scj

Robert,
They should know they're not going to recoup as you'll just jump ship. I think it's their way of saying we don't want your money.

rifles11

i tried to insure allison prosport with 250 on monday of this week world wide marine told me no , thru 5 different companys they said we can do it with 200 but not 250, they said insurance company underwriters are getting tougher, they gave me a number to a specialty high performance ins. company

Garry Hagins

i tried to insure allison prosport with 250 on monday of this week world wide marine told me no , thru 5 different companys they said we can do it with 200 but not 250, they said insurance company underwriters are getting tougher, they gave me a number to a specialty high performance ins. company
I just went through the same thing with insurance companies. Allison needs to take the world record speed records off the website. I finally found insurance through Allstate.

Garry Hagins

Allison needs to take that off their website. It is screwing us all on insurance premiums. Just because the 2002 can run that fast with a modified 200 doesn't mean the rest of the boats can

GotMyAlly

Their hp 'recommendation' sticker in the boat doesn't help either.....more like a CYA. If the boat is over 20' and horsepower is unlimited according to the coast guard, it should state just that. Anything more just confuses the situation.

scj

I'd hate to see how many sales those stickers have cost them...............