Boat Insurance for Allison

scj

World Wide Marine

And, that's another benefit of running a 200 SHO.
Sorry, had to go there.........Don takes care of you and provides you with a good plan.

nort

I've got all my fast stuff with NautiMax, through an experienced broker who knows performance boats.
I've found that when dealing with specialty, hi Perf stuff like an Alli it's important to work with an agent that knows what he's dealing with. Most insurance people have no clue what they're insuring and as a result you either pay to much or have incomplete / useless coverage.
JMO
Good luck.

Bobalouie

Foremost thru State Farm was who I had. I had agreed value of $36,500 and told them the boat would run 95 mph and they insured it for $400 and change per year.

flying07

I'm through allstate right now. . . . make sure they know what they are insuring! prior west bend thought it was a 60 mph boat. If I would have had a claim and they found it to be a 90mph boat, i would not have had coverage. Get it in writing from them that they know exactly what you have and what it's capable of speed wise. Better to find out early that they wont cover a boat that goes more than 75mph, then to find out later after a claim when you have nothing. Just my suggestion. . . .

Jon

Supporting Member
State Farm for me as well - same as everyone else. It may be agent to agent though on how well they'll work with you. My XR fishes great though.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used the guy at worldwide marine one time, ended up with a policy thru foremost, then they dropped me a couple weeks later for some random reason about the boat. I have USAA and they don't do boat insurance but they farm it out thru Progressive and they won't cover it because it has >200hp on it they say. Several others wouldn't cover it because I didn't have an auto or home policy with them. Ended up with State Farm.

ROBERT CROSS

Foremost.....my agreed value claim was direct deposited in our account 28 days after submitting the claim.

The building was condemned, so no direct inspection of loss was possible.

11/09/2016

Even the amendment we submitted for personal property was authorized promptly.
We had recently switched from Ace and only had the Foremost policy for three months.....no problem.
Another nice thing.....annual premium $300 less.