Blowout oppinions requested

brund

Prop Blowout oppinions requested

From idle I have no spin up when I floor it. On break over it will blowout over 6000 rpm . Do you think this plate could be the problem? I could raise it up 2 inches and take off the back edge. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

TB21

Plate wouldnt have nothing to do with prop sool-up at idle . Its possible that it could once boat starts getting along. It appears there are no vent holes in that prop , if not drill some vent holes and it will spool-up when you nail it.

brund

Yup would like to make holes bigger for holeshot but todd thinks it woud make blowout worse on break over. So if the plate is causing my breakover blowout I would change the plate and put bigger holes in prop for the initial holeshot. Boat does come up nice and flat and when it hooks up it is gone.

Attachments

Last edited:

brund

About 40 hrs on 280 rebuild. My over hub drag 4 would blow out when you nailed it.

suicidealli

Something is wrong... How high is the motor in reference with the pad??. Drag4 shouldn't slip on a 03 at all!!!!! If this is the drag 4 I sold you last year It was on an 03 and launched like a bullet!!!! Mayb the diamond plate is creating air bubbles. Something is up..

Roy