Supporting Member
What's the best prop, in your opinion, for:

1) 1/4 mile drag
2) Overall river runnin (top end)

On a XR-2001-RR

:?:

Casey G

22 and 24 yamaha's for drag racing.

for me the best river prop i've found that gives great top end and still a decent holeshot is a 26p yamaha. my 24 hoss and 28 hoss copy also work pretty good on the river

K.Kiser

A Yami Drag is always hard to improve on in the short track... Up top, I think that the Lighting ET's, HOSS Triton's, and maybe a worked small-ear Chopper would be all that most people would want if it had some power...

Larry XR2001

Lou:

Hack is right a run the 28 part time and the other top end prop is a 32 sport that Todd did for my boat after we ran some test with his other props.

Larry

J

John Richied

Try what ever prop Rocket is using... :p

I bet that big block owner HATES Allisons :p :p :p
Nice work Rocket!

badbait

Lou, I have a very low rake Hoss 28 that Randy sent me with the STV and it really works very well. When I try to run a regular Hoss Triton I can't keep the nose down because they have to much rake. Reason I mention this is I know how light your boat is and the reason the light boat's like the Yamaha is that they have less rake. I have a stock 30 ET and a stock 28 and 30 Hoss Triton that your welcome to try. But I really don't think your going to like them on your 2001 because of the amount of rake they come with. After you try the stock 28 Hoss you need to put this 28 that was built for boats like yours and mine. It's fast enough out of the hole to drag race with. I can run the same speed in a quarter with this as I can with a 24 yamaha. I'm sure the ET isn't quite as good. Why don't you take a day and come over to the After Bay and I'll show you what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure this prop would be the ticket for you boat for lake running.

Mr. Scary

People always think I'm crazy....for top speed, I've never found anything faster than my 30" Mercury Cleaver. If you have a lot of lake, strap a 32" Cleaver on. I had a 32" Mercury Lab Cleaver that was insanely fast on virtually every boat I had the ballz to hang on to. We had 4 boats running 110 MP+ for about 4 miles across Lake Koshkonong once in Wisconsin. Me and a friend in my SuperSport/280 and Bill Gohr in his XR-2002/mod 260 ran side by side that whole way well over 110. I could touch 118 by myself with that prop and it would run about 114 with two in the boat. They handle like you have power steering too.

We race a 1000' speed run and the 30" cleaver was the fastest prop every year we've run there. Last year I had a warmed up Evinrude 225 on a SuperSport and Nick Winski had a 260 on an XR-2002. Everybody else was running 24" and 26" yamahas because it wasn't that long, but the 30" Mercury still ran the fastest top speed. Nick ran 97.2 and I ran about 93 MPH from an idle. Try it...you'll like it. You'll run HUGE numbers in an XR-2001 though. I don't even know if I'd want to try that. I'm getting too old.

Yellowallison

+2.......

yammi drag for 1/4

merc cleaver for top end lake running ( IF YU got BALLS))) :p

froggy

For top end running you might want to find out what Owen Boris used for his APBA record runs and what Glen Reynolds used for his NOA record runs. I'd use what they used.

froggy