Battery drain and some amp readings. Just curious what u guys think.

twsykes

I have 2012 Xb21 w/250 proxs 24 v troller 80 lbs 3 lithium batteries and I just had the cranker die. It’s a 100mg battery so I decided to test for a draw on the cranking battery. Here is the amp draw found using amp clamp

Leds when on no draw
Livewells. .14 amps when running max
Rear 12 hummingbird solix i. .10 amps
Front 12 is .05 amps (it has no ducer)
Garmin panoptics .86 amps
Check graphs when gps locks. No draw
Key on - no real draw
Radio on bluetooth .02 low volume to.90 of high volume amp draw varies depending on volumes
Trim 4.4 amps
I did not test the cranking yet.

So from what I am seeing here the total amp draw at max would be no more than 2.2 amps max keeping in mind that I am not counting things like starting and extra loads that might pull hard for a little bit and I can’t see during testing.

if I am reading this right it basically means on a 100ah battery that works right I should be great for a day without charging. Ie 100 ah divided by 2.2 amps should last 48 hours at those draws to cause a dead battery. What surprised me was how low the humminbirds were. I looked pretty close at this and that was the numbers.

Let me know u guys thoughts.
Sent from my

Jr in Jax

Make sure it is not an intermittent trim motor actuation [has been known to happen]. I would then isolate loads one by one until you find it. Is your amp clamp AC and DC?

twsykes

The amp clamp does both AC and DC but I was using on the negative battery cables then loading and unloading all graphs etc... one at a time.. No real drain at all. I tried trim and is was 4.4 amp on movement which seems ok at least I thought. Hmmmm, so with an intermittent trim motor actuation wouldn't I hear that? Thanks for the info