Batteries in front of my XR2002

Allison

I'm setting up myXR2002 for Dragging would it be a good idea too put both batteries in the front so the boat will leave better All info needed on set up

FFWD

Recently set up an XR2002 and the boat left much harder and set quicker with the batteries in the front. With me in the seat (190lbs) and an 8" set back the boat sat almost level in the water. For dragging I would put the batteries up front. For top end runs they need to be in the back.

Mr. Scary

Odyssey's work nice. I've used the Interstate small battery before too - it's quite a bit cheaper. It's model number CYTX20L-BS. It's a little higher amp hour (18 vs Oddysey's 17) and slightly higher CCA (270 -vs- Odyssey's 220), and it's lighter (11 pounds -vs- Odyssey's 15 pounds). It costs about $95. It's an Absorbed Glass Mat battery as well....probably made by the same manufacturer, who knows.

I've never run the Interstate in anything other than a race boat though so I haven't really tested the ability to hang tough in an all-day boating environment.

Here's a link.
http://www.interstatebatteries.com//estore/search.asp?details=1&mscssid=UD5VMC5412018P0TLQPC55B9QFCT87G9&Ntt=CYTX20L-BS&N=0&Dx=mode+matchboolean&part_number=CYTX20L-BS&Nty=0&D=CYTX20L-BS&Nu=Part+Number&Ntx=mode+matchboolean&part_desc=Cycle-Tron+II+-+270+CCA+-+18+AH&Ns=product+Type|0||Rank|1&Ntk=SearchGroup&js=1