Another Norris Trip

Dave Hensley

Got to make a quick trip today. Fished about 4-1/2 hours. Wind was a problem. Still managed to catch 3 nice smallmouth. 3-1, 2-14 and 2-12. Caught one small one and had another nice one come off.

IMG_2654.JPG IMG_2645.JPG IMG_2652.JPG

Mrbuck50

When you get a chance, post up a pic of that shorty. Are they pretty easy to fab up? The one I tried was a complete failure. A brake is definitely needed.

Dave Hensley

Not easy. Takes some time. Cutting the lexan is the hardest part.....and getting it to fit and look right!! Mine looks stealthy. Next one will be much taller with some deflectors at the top.

Dave Hensley

image2.JPG image1.JPG

Bought 1/2 sheet of lexan today to build a bigger one. Wish I could find some .0625" thick stuff. Home Despot only has the .090". A little too heavy. Lexan mars really easy. Might need to make a full width short one and paint it from the inside. I will put that on my project list.

Mrbuck50

I like it !! It would look killer with a little dark window tint.
So I confirmed with Bill that there has been a splash made. He says it's up in Darris' shop. I don't know if that means we are closer or farther from seeing XTB windshields.

Dave Hensley

They have the windshield off my boat. They made a splash mold off the console and windshield bed from the XTB deck mold. Would you want to guess how many projects Darris has in his shop???? I guess you could apply window tint film to lexan. I look over mine so I think I will paint it. The white will flow with the boat where a contrasting color breaks up the lines. Clear is the shiznit I think.