Allison GT-20 Project

Casey G

After months of searching I finally found one. I just got home from picking it up from Art Thomas (LAAllison). It's going to be a fairly big project that I'm sure will take me over a year to complete. I plan on photographing and documenting the entire process and posting it here!

First thing on the list is to build a stand to set the boat on so I can give my buddy his trailer back. I already know it needs a transom and floor, so I'm going to start there. I'm just hoping I don't end up having the split the hull and deck. Once the boat is solid again my plan is to fill all the holes and get her ready to gel and or paint, not sure yet?

I need to hurry up because my son has already been out once and loved it and as you can see from the picture my drag boat is going to get very small real quick.

Thank You Art :beer:

here's a few pictures of the boat!

http://cgudgell.smugmug.com/gallery/2626218#138614931

XXXR2001

I love that pic of you, the wife, and the little guy. He looks right at home in your drag boat!:smile The new boat looks good. Who's doing the transom? Have you seen the carbon fiber transom Ro did on Allen's Allison? Might be an option for ya.

Casey G

I have looked at Allen's boat quit a few times, in fact the other day when Acie and I were working on something I told him if he ever decides to get rid of it keep me in mind. I plan on having both Crazy and Ro look at it and tell me what should be done and go from there.

Yep, I'm going to have Magnum Trailer's in Austin build me a Galvanized Tandem Axle