99 225 promax

john4utvols

I was trying to help a friend, He has a 99 225 promax and it is hitting the rev limters. I was just wondering what can he do to pep the motor up, easy and hard stuff. He has 1.75 gears in his lower unit, and running a 28 jaco edition prop, running around 99 to 98mph, then we start hitting the revs. we thought about getting the compression to 145 or so, but we want to stay on pump gas. We would like to take the revs out, but don't know who to get to do it or how much it will cost. We have also talked about putting 260 elec. on it, but that might be going over his budget, just needing some input in help is appreciated
Thanks John A.

chad202

Find a red 40amp flywheel, cut the head to 35cc with thin gaskets(140# at sea level), relocate the water seperator to free up the air flow to the intake or install SVS, remove the timing advance module and set at 25 deg, raise the limiter to 7250. He would be very happy.

john4utvols

How do you relocate a water seperator, and give me some info on removing the timing advance module, and how do you raise the limiter to 7250

chad202

I may still have a bracket to relocate the seperator foward. I'll look tomorrow. The timing advance module is the regtangler box just in front of the port head. You can send the ECU to Sean at Rapair to raise the limiter. Some people just run a 2001 200 ECU, it has know limiter.