4.5yr old, 13pts, mid 150 class.

RedAllison

I took these pics of this 2.5yr old on opening morning of gun season two yrs ago (Nov. 2013) I thought then to myself, "THIS is what you want to see in a youngster!" Distinctive traits: Long, tall body. His face & nose are wider & tho young he already looks nearly like a classic "Roman nose" buck in the making. His G-2s are straight up, perfectly perpendicular to his beams. For his size, his G-3s are noticeable & curve forward. The G-1s are wide apart & don't curve at all.

image.jpg image.jpg

RedAllison

Now you can see the gains he made from a 2.5yr old to a 3.5yr old! The foggy pics I took opening day of muzzleloader season lastyear (Nov '14). His G-2s are bladed & one point (fork?) sprouted off the right g2 & his left g2 was heavily bladed & had a couple of "bumps" on it. His G-1s likewise began to show signs of blading. He also had "nubs" for G-4s. His inside spread was appx 20". I saw him ALOT during mzldr & gun season. I was equally proud that my youngest son saw him a time or two as did my neighbors son (they were both 14 lastyear) yet both of them agreed to let him go for another season! The last two pics were actually late Jan this year after an ice storm. (His rack was coated in ice) Notice the body size difference between early Nov & late Jan! (Ignore the time stamps on those pics, pos Bushnell cams! :mad:image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

RedAllison

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

NOW look at him this year as a stud 4.5yr old 13ptr! ;) He's still in the same area (actually the first time I saw him this summer was early Aug & he was 100yds out the backdoor of my farmhouse) He's a beaut & already would blow the lid off the existing bow record in my farms county (Haywood) but I can't help but think... "What about nextyear?" :oops: Based on his annual avg growth for the last three seasons, he'll EASILY surpass 170 inches nextyear! :confused: I'm all for it but I've gotta 15yr old & my neighbor does as well, that it just wouldn't be fair to expect them to let such a buck go. He's WELL over 20" wide & based on his profile pics, his beams are in the 24"-25" range! Strict mgmt for best overall herd genetics dictate to let him go until he's at least a 6.5yr old, remove culls/misfits & take out "mgmt bucks" which is fancy speak for "average bucks like 3.5 & 4.5yr old 120 class deer". Sat morn my youngest son will be in a stand with a crossbow & sitting smack dab where these pics were made! I'll let HIM decide... :D

Last edited: