3.0 merc

John S

Simon motorsports has a 3 liter merc that they are sayin 335 hp, oil injection, and pump gas. Its a pricey deal (over 10 grand for a dropon), but its at least a good conversation peice (in my mind, anyway). I heard about Marv Jorgenson tryin 3 liters when he used to drag, but went back to 2.5's because the 3's werent working as hoped. Does anyone have experience in building one of these up? Im interested in doing a project motor, and my momma always said its good to be different. :D With all the talk of the death of the 2.5, It might be a good avenue to try, theres got to be a million 225 3 liters out there.

Thanks-John S :D

jimmyb

a 3.0L is a solid motor, capable of some good numbers.

However, expecting to rev it to the moon (like the 2.5's do) is going to be a loosing proposition

GPI Racing

John,

Jimmy is right on the rev part. Wayne Taylor and I have a 400hp+ 3 litre up and running as we speak. It is a VERY expensive way to go. To make power you HAVE to rev it up. Or run so much compression it makes the motor not "lake-able". The 335 Simon motor isn't anything special. The 300X makes that much power stock. The problem is the weight and size of the motor won't do your 2002 any good. If I could post pictures here I could show you our 3 liter mounted on the 15" 2.5 center and gearcase. It's weight is not much different than your 200. If your bored check out MADEFI.com and that will get your whistle blowing. Call me this week and we can talk props and projects..

Randy