2'nd Annual Rally fishing tourny!!

ally25

I will defiantly be fishing the Tournament on Sat. I want to see if any of the Fla. tricks work in the river.

Allyfishing

I'll give ya my cell number and if the florida tricks are working you can text me what they are!! I'll try em out and confirm if what you are doing is correct or not!!! lol

skewby

21 all i can tell you about watts bar is where the marinas, bars and hang outs are. i've owned 3 allisons and last years rally was the first time i've ever had a rod in one. lol i keep thinking of starting back fishing some but 2 ball teams and 3 fields have kept me to busy

Allyfishing

Skewby wuts the grass fishing like there,any pads
Weeds??? Pads?? In the 4 years of having the rally on Watts Bar and fishing each year I have not seen a single weed. I saw a TV show "Fishing University" during the winter months where they were fishing grass in the fall on Watt's Bar and I figured out they were all the way up the Clinch River somewhere. I intend to make that journey in search of the hydrilla I saw on that program.

Allyfishing

Are we all OK with what we have set up so far for the owners tourny?? Like Tim posted earlier? 2 to a boat, one must be an owner and it must be an Allison and 5 fish limit of bass. Lunker of any species as well as bass will be acknowledged!!! We just need to determine a pot for each lunker. Think about it till that day. Ben, you ok with this?

Allyfishing

I thought everybody had to be an Allison Owner to participate? :p Tim!

BTW, Here's how we do it down here to avoid confusion on "is it a spotted bass (12") or largemouth bass (15")" It's 15 inches on ALL green fish across the Board and 18" on brownies. Fish are measured on a GoldenRule machined metal Ruler tail has to touch 15"

These length limits are what's in play here, OK?? 15" for greens and 18" for smallies!! Ben you OK with all Allison boats, 2 in a boat and there be a non Allison owner as a rider?? That suites me just fine.

i want everyone to be happy, happy, happy!!!

scj

As I mentioned in the other thread, Becky and I will run from boat to boat filming the tournament this year. Just need to get a cell number from one member of each team so we can track you down and get the action on film.

Allyfishing

If my plans for practice prove fruitful you may need the HP and speed of that new SHO to make the run to find me in enough time to get back and film others!! lol OR, I could just call you and tell you not to bother to try and find me as I'm coming up empty handed!!!

biller31

First of all, to Dennis saying he's putting Robbie on a curfew...NO!!! One of the unwritten rules is that you have to fish it hung-over on about 3 hours of sleep!

Secondly, if you can't get another Allison owner or family member to fish with you a stand-in is allowed.... But no ringers! If I see one of the Straders, Morgans, or Rogne Brown in your boat I'm calling B.S.! NO RINGERS! LOL

Thirdly, I think the standard 15" on Green 18" on Brown fish is the most simple way. 5 dollar big fish side pot and 2 dollar bill side pot on "big trashfish". (Must buy in with a 2 dollar bill!) LOL

Fourthly, No locking through. No one wants to hear about the excuse of how you had 30+ pounds but you got stuck waiting on barge traffic and couldn't get back in time so you just threw all of the 6 pounders back while you waited on the barge traffic. (I'm gonna call B.S. on that too! LOL)

And lastly... If we are going to have live coverage and film footage of this event, all participants (Especially Newbys) must wear a shirt throughout the duration of the tournament. (unless the participant is female then it's encouraged for them to NOT wear a shirt.)

That's all I've got at this point... Rules subject to change or augmentation as we drink beer throughout the week in the parking lot.

Last edited:

skewby

no shirts allowed in boats, ben you not like seeing all my curves? curfews blow!!!! i never go by them. i love the hung over 3 hour of sleep rule, after 3 hours of sleep i'm usually ready for another beer any way. ben so does that mean papa mike can't fish? he's a bar pro!!!!!

biller31

I do love curves... on a backroad, on a archery bow, on a sports car, and on a woman. But on you???? Not so much! LOL

Papaw Mike has not fished a tournament since 19??, and has told me that he only guarantees on big striper. (The 2 dollar bills are Mike's!) The green fish are on me! (I'm screwed) LOL