280 not running right

Not sure why, but when I went to the river today my 280 wouldn't hardly even plane off acted like it was missing or hitting the rev limiter. Haven't made any changes except I changed from NGK plug#BPZ8-HN10 to NGK#BP8-HN10..... You guys think that could be the problem? I ordered some from Advance auto parts gonna try them tommorow about 1 or 2...Kind of a strange just wondering what you guys think.......and i did check the compression just in case, and it was ok, so any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

FRA

froggy

FRA,

The BPZ is an inductive resistor plug---specially made to eliminate interference with the computer. Your new plugs may be the problem.

froggy

Butch Leslie

I had a similar problem and had to be towed. I took the plugs out and they were all wet with gasoline. I changed the plugs and it ran just fine. Since then I brought it back to the dealer and he leaned out the ECU and gave me some NGK plugs. The plugs that were fouled out were Champion. Just put your old plugs in and go and try it out. Good chance plugs are your problem. Butch Leslie

GFinch

Computers don't like anything but resistor plugs and resistor plug wires. If it was a BP R 8 you might get away with it. The R= resistor.

Champion plugs SUCK!