250XS on a 2003 or 2003 - HELP

David chris corr

my winter project is to remove my 2.5 from my xb03 and add my 250xb with 300PM mid and alien cowl,I already have a 12" bobs hyd. plate with 2" spacers.

SLOmofo

my winter project is to remove my 2.5 from my xb03 and add my 250xb with 300PM mid and alien cowl,I already have a 12" bobs hyd. plate with 2" spacers.
Be VERY careful when you drill the hold down holes. Very careful. I used cable that is lighter in weight then same guage copper cable. Used aluminum angle for the tray, just small light guage stuff. All it needs to do is keep the batterys from moving. The battery's were (2) 680 Odysseys.
My 1994 XB2003 is a different animal considering it's OMC powered, 16" mid, with a sportsmaster lower. No lip. The closest I can mount the engine is 7" because of the lack of splash well (1994 angles differently) when trailering and the trim ram I had to make. It' is inside the jack plate. I carried nothing extra in the boat. No trolling motor although it has a quick release mount.

The person I would copy is Bill Smith aka badbait. Very learned on boat setup. Very. His engine was very close to the transom. If I remember correctly it was 4".

David chris corr

Be VERY careful when you drill the hold down holes. Very careful. I used cable that is lighter in weight then same guage copper cable. Used aluminum angle for the tray, just small light guage stuff. All it needs to do is keep the batterys from moving. The battery's were (2) 680 Odysseys.
My 1994 XB2003 is a different animal considering it's OMC powered, 16" mid, with a sportsmaster lower. No lip. The closest I can mount the engine is 7" because of the lack of splash well (1994 angles differently) when trailering and the trim ram I had to make. It' is inside the jack plate. I carried nothing extra in the boat. No trolling motor although it has a quick release mount.

The person I would copy is Bill Smith aka badbait. Very learned on boat setup. Very. His engine was very close to the transom. If I remember correctly it was 4".
http://www.basscatstore.com/index.aspx/ImageGallery/Index?productId=140 may just epoxy it in, can always use it for plano holder if i switch back to 2.5 , i will copy glenn reynolds boat. It is here locally , and we service it. We put a fortrex on it 2 yrs ago.

dubmoney

Pretty amazing this thread started 7 years ago, and people are still scared to mount a 3.0 liter. I agree that the boat may have been designed for a 2.5 but, Personally I am tired of running no warranty engines. I also think the 3.0 liters look out of proportion, yet I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 300xs. Maybe I should just go to 21xb also, but we are talking a big jump in investment. Sure do appreciate everyone's input and reporting their individual experiences.

David chris corr

Pretty amazing this thread started 7 years ago, and people are still scared to mount a 3.0 liter. I agree that the boat may have been designed for a 2.5 but, Personally I am tired of running no warranty engines. I also think the 3.0 liters look out of proportion, yet I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 300xs. Maybe I should just go to 21xb also, but we are talking a big jump in investment. Sure do appreciate everyone's input and reporting their individual experiences.
dunno about afraid,takes a ton of money to switch to a 3l motor.,but i have been seeing alot of 03's with 3l. I had a brand new 250 pro xs hangin in my shop a year ago,and everybody was like No,it's too much,,So,I sold it and now kick my own butt,for not trying it,,.....I bought a clean xb250 powerhead,and will make the change this season.

SLOmofo

Well Whitney people are cautious because of what Darris' opinion concerning the weight. The boat was built for the smaller horsepower lighter weight engines. That being said there are some people out there (me included) that sorta go against the grain. Hope all is well with you and the much better looking half.

David chris corr

not all 3l look20171104_125909.jpg out of proportion lol

David chris corr

Well Whitney people are cautious because of what Darris' opinion concerning the weight. The boat was built for the smaller horsepower lighter weight engines. That being said there are some people out there (me included) that sorta go against the grain. Hope all is well with you and the much better looking half.
well with a recommended hp rating of 90-150 hp,i wonder why