2018 season

XB03AllyProud

Where exactly are you guys at on the river, sure looks nice. Where is ramp or name so I can find it. What hwy is the bridge in picture? I been passing thru Louisville 9 yrs 2x an month so you have me curious. I've been wanting to drag mine to PA to work with me for weekends but haven't done it yet but if I ever do would love to know where your sweet spot is. Plus some input would always be welcome on my setup, etc.

David Lanham

That's the new I 265 Toll Bridge about 10 miles or so upstream from downtown Louisville KY. You can see 12 Mile Island in the back-drop.

I've got a Prosport with exact same color scheme show in the post. I've got a 225X though.

Three or four times a year, I put in at Cox Park (near downtown) and cruise up and dock at Madison, Indiana for the day, about a 43 mile run each way. I go under this bridge. It's a great scenic ride as long as the water isn't swift and the winds are calm.

Last edited:

gmorgan

I’m guessing for older applications like the 2.5 245 and 200 carb motors . This came in stamped with a 2017 production date brand new straight from mercury . A month later we got another one came in with out the bleed lines . View attachment 13430
I’m envious; wishing I had one of those blocks. Daryl Lane ported one for me that turned 10,800 rpms with a 24 Yamaha and 1.87 gears on a 1400 pound Allison Drag witha horn on the motor.

David Lanham

Your posts indicate (sort of) that your a Merc Dealer in Louisville? Which one? Thanks

gmorgan

Hey gmorgan , I got to run my new motor yesterday at the lake . I was loaded with a full tank of fuel , cooler , my wife and myself . It ran a very quick 91 @ 7100 rpm with a 14.5 x 28 Hoss prop that’s at least 9 years old . Still needs some fine tuning and my other prop “Drag3” to try .
That’s a good start. She should limber up and turn more rpms unless you have a limiter in the ECU. You may get to 7500 or so.

gmorgan

No limiter . The brucato box is unlimited with a 260 fuel curve and 56psi fuel regulator . I think like you , with a little break in time and some fine tuning so it idles better ,plus a better prop it’s going to be a great build !
Best thing I ever did to my motor was have the stock Brucato 225 curve removed and have Todd Catrett install his version of an A6 curve and go to 56 pounds on the regulator. I had a problem where I could not get the midrange lean enough to not four stroke without being too lean at WOT.

gmorgan

I met Todd in jasper this past weekend . Super nice guy ! I want to send him my box to see if he can improve it some .
I ran the Jasper River Run last year and this year. With Todd’s curve I used somewhere between 7.5 and 9.5 gallons less fuel. I can’t be exact because it is hard to know whether I started with 30 or less gallons. I filled the tank until it wouldn’t take any more fuel, but there was still air in the top of the tank.

xb03

How about for 2019 we do away with these stupid Craiglist ads, it is ruining this site. I so sick of seeing Craiglist ads every day. I’m about to permanently sign out and I just stay on fb and bbc.

SLOmofo

As much as I agree with you on the gag list, especially today's 2+ pages of them. As annoying as they are I'm staying here. I just treat them like Jet boats, loud and obnoxious. Pass and ignore!

Reactions: 22R

ROBERT CROSS

2018 Season...not normal.
2 weeks Allison
7 weeks Airstream
2019 will be more balanced...I hope.
"DW not happy, 'til I'm not happy"
Retirement is.....OK :cool:fullsizeoutput_1bc5.jpegDSC02593.JPG

Last edited: