2001RR with 200xs

whipper

How fast in the quarter would a 200xs be on a RR? Not the Drag but RR. Also what kind of speed would she do lake running with a taller prop ya think? Does anyone even have this combo on a RR? Just sorta interested in this. They are with out a doubt the coolest looking boats on the planet!!

Dave Hensley

Rick Conklin can chime in here. He sold the yellow RR that Brandon Prybl had to a guy in Atlanta. They put a 200xs on it and believe it ran 102. Not bad. If you need a good RR I am thinking of selling my 2001 model. Great boat. RR lay up and it is gorgeous. I just don't ever get to use it.

whipper

Rick Conklin can chime in here. He sold the yellow RR that Brandon Prybl had to a guy in Atlanta. They put a 200xs on it and believe it ran 102. Not bad. If you need a good RR I am thinking of selling my 2001 model. Great boat. RR lay up and it is gorgeous. I just don't ever get to use it.
So she ran 102 in the Quarter with the 200xs Ros? :cool I was just looking and see the 200xs comes with a 1.75sm. It would need the 1.62 to be a better lake runner I think? The limiters on the ros are only to 7000 but I take it that can be upped. Even 7500 with a 28 and 1.62 is 113 or 121 with a 30. Im just useing the standard 8% slip on the merc calculator that Im sure a 2001 would be. I guess I could calculate speed this way and that would be fairly dead on with these efficient hulls. 102 would be at 7000 with a 1.75 case and a 29 pitch prop. The 1.62 you can get away with a 27 to 7000. Sounds like a great way to cruise the lakes on good days to me. and eat anyone for breakfast that wants to race ya.:big grin

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Me thinks 102 mph was just stretched out top end. It was the first crack out of the box if memory serves. If Rick can Drag himself away fom those Brand X boats he might chime in....As far as eating others for breakfast, probably could do that with that motor and an XB2002. Would not want to run the Sportmaster on either boat though at those speeds.

Last edited:

patches

Top speed, I think, would just depend on how big a wheel you wanted to run. It would probably turn just about anything to the limiter on a 2001

whipper

Top speed, I think, would just depend on how big a wheel you wanted to run. It would probably turn just about anything to the limiter on a 2001
Thats so awsome!!! Ya I like my 200 case even on the GS. I just came in from redoing it AGAIN.:big grin Thats the only down fall with a coned case. I need to find a real good welder guy that can build up material without warping the case instead of Putty. You guys must run XR and 200 gearcases the most eh? SSM work any good on the XR?

Dave Hensley

You see them at the Drag races on XR's. Fast ones. I have heard of big numbers with one. Personally I don't like the way they feel over 105 or so. I have never ran a highly modified one. Blunt nose and swept skeg was about it. Probably with the right set up and bottom worked to match a Sporty would be fine.

whipper

You see them at the Drag races on XR's. Fast ones. I have heard of big numbers with one. Personally I don't like the way they feel over 105 or so. I have never ran a highly modified one. Blunt nose and swept skeg was about it. Probably with the right set up and bottom worked to match a Sporty would be fine.
Propbably need to take some lift out of the bottom to run a Sporty and well worked Allison cut drag prop? Are the 02,s Bass Racers as quick as a 01 with same power? I see them racing against each other some times.

whipper

Gotcha Eric. Makes perfect sense. One of these day i have to make it to a Rally so someone can take me for a ride in a RR. :beer: Going out now to wring every last drop of speed I can out of the GS as quick as possible.:wink

Dave Hensley

Propbably need to take some lift out of the bottom to run a Sporty and well worked Allison cut drag prop? Are the 02,s Bass Racers as quick as a 01 with same power? I see them racing against each other some times.
At the same weights I would think they would be pretty close. I have not tried it but the 1" wider pad on the bass boat should progressively get better as weight is added. Maybe at 1450 the XR has an advantage, 1550 dead even and 1650 the bass boat wins. Just examples as far as weight goes. Short course vs long course would play out too as the XR is definitey slicker from an aero standpoint. I know one thing for sure, there is a lot more room in the bass boat to get slung around when you blow it out....

patches

Gotcha Eric. Makes perfect sense. One of these day i have to make it to a Rally so someone can take me for a ride in a RR. :beer: Going out now to wring every last drop of speed I can out of the GS as quick as possible.:wink
You need to hop a flight to Jasper October 11-13. Hitch a ride for the river run on Friday and watch the races Sat and Sunday