2001 280 hp

AMERICAN

Hey Steve
Nice motor ..good luck with your sale...Mike

Last edited:

lovell

I'm not sure about hours. I have only had boat and engine a short time and a leak down test was done just before I bought the complete rig it tested out good then and I have not run engine over 6000 RPM. Compression was 150 lb across the board, and also it has 260 electonics. It is still on my boat at this point, ready to run. Call me at 931-215-7949

lovell

New price $7,000 Complete with fuel pump and trim pump.

BigRedAlli

Thought it would have been a great match for your boat steve.

Wish it was comming to frankfort, would loved to had it!
Congratulations on the sale. It was a great deal!!!

lovell

Good to here from yall were looking forward to seeing everyone in July but for the motor choice we just want something that will get more mpg than gpm lol.

Alli-drenaline Rush

Steve on a serious note... can I ask what boat you had it on, and what mileage did you get at a typical power setting.... like maybe one at cruise and one at WOT?

Thanks,

Richard

Bobalouie

Steve on a serious note... can I ask what boat you had it on, and what mileage did you get at a typical power setting.... like maybe one at cruise and one at WOT?

Thanks,

Richard
Here is a pretty good estimation for you. I needed to empty my tank at the end of the season, and I had about 16 gallons in it. So I slapped on my 22P Drag prop and went to the lake. I puttered around in the mid 70s most of the time which is about 7500 RPM with a couple blasts to 90 or so, which is around 8800-9000 rpms. Drained the tank in 1 hour 30 minutes. Only had 1.5 gallons left when I pumped it out. But, this is an extreme senario. I was trying to use it up.

When cruising at 65-70 mph with my 26P on, like most times, I am at around 5800 rpms, and I can go all weekend on 12 gal of gas, which is probably around 40-50 miles of lake travel. So it probably works out to 3.5-4.0 mpg or something like that. It would probably be a little better if I ran a little faster. My boat doesnt seem to clean up and get up on the pad fully until I get past 70 or so, but the wife only likes it at 65. LOL

Alli-drenaline Rush

Here is a pretty good estimation for you. I needed to empty my tank at the end of the season, and I had about 16 gallons in it. So I slapped on my 22P Drag prop and went to the lake. I puttered around in the mid 70s most of the time which is about 7500 RPM with a couple blasts to 90 or so, which is around 8800-9000 rpms. Drained the tank in 1 hour 30 minutes. Only had 1.5 gallons left when I pumped it out. But, this is an extreme senario. I was trying to use it up.

When cruising at 65-70 mph with my 26P on, like most times, I am at around 5800 rpms, and I can go all weekend on 12 gal of gas, which is probably around 40-50 miles of lake travel. So it probably works out to 3.5-4.0 mpg or something like that. It would probably be a little better if I ran a little faster. My boat doesnt seem to clean up and get up on the pad fully until I get past 70 or so, but the wife only likes it at 65. LOL
Many thanks, Bob! I will be perfectly happy with 3.5 - 4.0 mpg..... I have a new 2005 MY 2.5 EFI Sport sitting in the garage waiting for the day the kids graduate from college (i.e. the day I get a hefty raise!!!) and I'm getting the itch real bad to put it on an Ally!

Richard