1998 Promax 225 Small Fuel Leak

Fresh Water

All, I’m puzzled by this small fuel leak that I noticed. I have an 1998 XB2003 with a 1998 Promax 225. After out and about on the lake I’ve been noticing a small amount fuel in the groves of the bottom of the cowling (approx 1 tablespoon). I hooked the muffs on and ran the motor with cowling off looking for the leak and nothing until I shut the motor off, then a slow drip from the bottom two bolts connecting the fuel system to the block (photos attached). I’m new to boating and my local marina raped me looking to fix it (over $800). First sent the fuel injectors to get cleaned, then blew all the lines out and checked the Fuel PSI (around 39). Problem still there. I’ve winterized the motor since I live in CT, but was hoping to get some advise/suggestions before spring. Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

gmorgan

Pull that black hose off of the fuel return nipple right next to the bolt you are indicating or crack, and make sure it doesn’t have a split or crack. Make sure you put it all the way on when reseating it. You may want to put a wire tie on it too, a small one.

Fresh Water

Pull that black hose off of the fuel return nipple right next to the bolt you are indicating or crack, and make sure it doesn’t have a split or crack. Make sure you put it all the way on when reseating it. You may want to put a wire tie on it too, a small one.
Thank you, I will do that for sure regardless. Im pretty certain it is dripping from the bolt though. I watched very carefully after running it on the muffs and felt around the hoses. I could be wrong though and will do as you suggested. I’ll see if I can upload a video of it dripping too. Thank you!

Fresh Water

If it’s not what the bleed line it could be the intake gasket .
Supposedly the mechanic pulled this piece off and said the gasket was fine. I’m not totally convinced. Thanks for your input. I appreciate any suggestions.

Fresh Water

All, I’m puzzled by this small fuel leak that I noticed. I have an 1998 XB2003 with a 1998 Promax 225. After out and about on the lake I’ve been noticing a small amount fuel in the groves of the bottom of the cowling (approx 1 tablespoon). I hooked the muffs on and ran the motor with cowling off looking for the leak and nothing until I shut the motor off, then a slow drip from the bottom two bolts connecting the fuel system to the block (photos attached). I’m new to boating and my local marina raped me looking to fix it (over $800). First sent the fuel injectors to get cleaned, then blew all the lines out and checked the Fuel PSI (around 39). Problem still there. I’ve winterized the motor since I live in CT, but was hoping to get some advise/suggestions before spring. Thank you all in advance.