1986 xtb -

HO

Some of you may remember this boat. Well, since my first child was born (six years ago) this boat has been not used. It was kept outside for several years and the cover fell apart. I moved it inside last year and have been staring at it for the past year. My dad and I started to piddle with it two weeks ago. She is rough and needs lots of love but I hope to have her on the water by early spring if not sooner.

It originally had a 2.4 200 chrome bore motor and that motor was modified in 2001. I still have the block but have decided to re-power with an EFI engine. I will go into more detail about the power when it is definite.

Anyone have advice on where to buy gauges, what gauges to stay away from, or a nice set of used gauges? I would also like to get buckets for the front if anyone knows of a matching pair in decent shape.

Here is a poor quality picture of its current living situation. I will post more as I progress:

Attachments

HO

Update: Day two of working on boat was productive. Ran the wiring harness, mounted the gear shifter and ran the throttle/gear cables. A long list remaining to get the boat in the water but I am chipping away at it...slowly.

The fuel tanks are out of the boat and I need a good cleaner to put in the tanks. Any recommendations? There is a little varnish in the bottom of both tanks. Acetone? Has anyone used Starbrite Tank Cleaner? Thanks

22R

John,

Glad to see you are getting the XTB back together. Keep us updated and post some pics. I love the XTB Allys.

Later,
22R