15.5 in set back

Mav73

I have a xb2003 with 12 inches of set back, 225 promax. I'm having a problem carrying the bow with 2 people ,troll motor. I was thinking of adding my hydraulic jack plate to give me more set back. The jack plate that's on the boat now is adjustable from 10 to 12 inches, if I adjust it to the 10 inch setting and add my 5.5 inch hydraulic plate ,I'll have 15.5 set back. Is this to much set back? Would this help my bow lift at slower speeds with a load? What would it change at higher speeds. Currently running 91 top speed. Drives great at that speed set up like it is now. Just sucks when loaded hvy

Mav73

I have a xb2003 with 12 inches of set back, 225 promax. I'm having a problem carrying the bow with 2 people ,troll motor. I was thinking of adding my hydraulic jack plate to give me more set back. The jack plate that's on the boat now is adjustable from 10 to 12 inches, if I adjust it to the 10 inch setting and add my 5.5 inch hydraulic plate ,I'll have 15.5 set back. Is this to much set back? Would this help my bow lift at slower speeds with a load? What would it change at higher speeds. Currently running 91 top speed. Drives great at that speed set up like it is now. Just sucks when loaded hvy
Also. 26 pitch trophy plus 1 1\4 below pad is where I'm set at now,trying to get some bow lift. When I let off the gas the bow pops up, when I give it a little gas the nose falls back down

gmorgan

I'd say give it a try. Lots of folks run xb03s at 15 inches.

GotMyAlly

14.5" seems to be the gold standard on XB03's for years, so you aren't talking about a drastic increase over that.....

Dondante

Set it at .5” below the pad and run it. That's a good sweet spot from experience.