14R restoration

Michael

Guys,
Just nearing completion of my 14R restoration. As I had enough paint left over, it is basically painted the same of my 13R that I show you a while ago.
This 14 was in much worse shape ( and still is) than the 13. Pictures in a few emails.
Michael

Attachments

Michael

I am in Bermuda. Believe there are only 2 old Allisons here now and I have them both.

RedAllison

COOL Michael, you do GREAT work!!! :beer:

What is the story on those two hulls ending up in Bermuda? Were they already there or did you buy them stateside and have them shipped too Bermuda?

Cool to see A-boats being reborn "globally", :wink
RA

Jim Bob

Michael, I'm currently restoring a 14' Allison. What type/brand of paint did you use? What HP is that motor and any setback? How about engine height? I'm looking for starting points on mine. I have a 70hp Johnson on a 4" setback. Hasn't been in the water since retore project started 2-3 years ago.

Michael

Jim,
No set back. running a 15" 70hp OMC triple, engie height is 21.5". I have grafted a Yamaha trim system onto the OMC, which obviously gives me integral trim, and it also gives me tilt tube steering

Michael

Jim,
No set back. running a 15" 70hp OMC triple, engie height is 21.5". I have grafted a Yamaha trim system onto the OMC, which obviously gives me integral trim, and it also gives me tilt tube steering.
Oh, and the paint is Awlgrip.

Jim Bob

Michael,
Do you have the factory Hull ID plate that mounts to the front of the splash well? I'm trying to find where to get one or a replica for mine. Any ideas where to look would be appreciated.