Search results

1. B

1998 Allison XB2002 w/225 Pro-Max SS w/SVS

Sold and headed North.
  2. B

When I called Allison, they told me it was comp and weight was 850 lbs. I was holding off from splitting it up but will if it does not sell complete. Presently have someone interested in it as is, pending funds. Thanks Bruce
  3. B

Never even stretched it out. Used it 4 times in 2 years, spent more time and money on it that using it. 1st time I took it out I ran 94 with me full tank and tournament load, it had more left but weather was not favorable so I ran company canal, Lockport and ran out of runway. Other than that...
  4. B

1998 Allison, Dual axel boat-mate trailer with spare tire, new rims, tires, LED lights, re-furbished bunk supports and internal frame coated (tubes). The boat has new Gaffrig gauges, Allison bucket seats and covers. Also includes Allison boat cover, depth finger, Allison Hyd. steering, pro-seat...
  5. B

Electric Water Temp. 100-240 F/Sender

Butch, We will test the gauge while also being hooked up to the "Medalion" gauge with another sender this weekend @ "Pirate's" before I send it off. Thanks Bruce
  6. B

Electric Water Temp. 100-240 F/Sender

Have the temp sending units for the EFI Promax and other EFI engines changed over the years? I have a new Gaffrig Temp gauge that is not working but the old Medalion gauge works fine. My engine is a 1998 Pro-Max 225. I assume that they still use a Analog signal.....Bruce
  7. B

new high in the xb2002

What is the stock lip on the 02'......I believe I read somewhere around .065? Thanks Bruce
  8. B

tach wiring

I know of two cases where they actually caught on fire. One only damaged the cover the other smoke all of the wires and the cover. From what I understand if they short out you can have a "+" and "-" connection. My regulators were original and after hearing these stories I changed both.
  9. B

tach wiring

Yep, my mechanic gave me the same advice. I turned the adjustment screw in back of the tach and it worked, of course in the process of trouble shooting tach I found a bad regulator. Ended up changing both regulators and went with new Gaffrig gauges.
  10. B

tach wiring

I am having the same problem with my tach. At idle the needle moves around. I am running a promax with the dual regulators. I tried swapping the gray wire to the other regulator and it did not work at all. I will be replacing both regulators but not sure if that will fix the tach.
  11. B

Posting Pictures to "Allison Owners"

Same here, I had posted my other Allison a few years back and wanted to post my "new to me Allison".
  12. B

Lets SEE your ALLISON thread

Thanks, just need to find time to use it.
  13. B

Posting Pictures to "Allison Owners"

How do we post pictures to the "Allison Owners" section these days? Thanks Bruce
  14. B

Lets SEE your ALLISON thread

Lil' Red Sled....
  15. B

Fuses

I did not redrill or cut any new holes, I used the existing panel. I will be taking pictures when I finally get the mid section installed. If you are in the area stop by and take a look. Later Bruce.
  16. B

Fuses

Barry, did you use the carbon fiber vinyl material from the link I sent you and if so how did you like it?
  17. B

December 31, 2011 marks the END!

True, but even they don't perform like the 20 footers.
  18. B

Nothing against 23 foot boats, but where I fish I don't need it and don't need to spend the kind of cash it will cost for 3 more feet of boat and the extra horsepower. They already have plenty of big fast boats on the market but nobody had the efficent 20' line that "Allison" has or I guess had.
  19. B

Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest news. I just hate to see good boats put on the shelf if there may be other options.
  20. B

Don't understand? Reduce the fuel capacity to allow for the extra chamber. The newer engines should require less fuel. Also, I would guess this would apply to all of the models, not just the 02 and 03.